Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-10-2017, 05:34 PM   #46
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gteague View Post
'Does not ship to United States'

/guy
not sure if this is from the same manufacturer. but it does look like the selections are the same. available on amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/Released-iT...sis+2017+shell
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:16 PM   #47
dublincheri
Zealot
dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, new Basic 2022
Got my DecalGirl skin for the new Oasis today! Will see if if helps with the slipperiness.
dublincheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 03:58 AM   #48
doremifaso
Connoisseur
doremifaso began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dublincheri View Post
Got my DecalGirl skin for the new Oasis today! Will see if if helps with the slipperiness.
I am also interested in getting DecalGirl, but I am afraid the magnet of my cover won't stick well afterwards. Please do tell us your experience. If you can also upload some pictures, it would be even better.
doremifaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:59 AM   #49
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
You know, with all these issues on magnets over the years from all different brands of ebook readers, I'm surprised no one has walked into the kitchen, looked around, got a drink of water [glug, glug], scratched an armpit or two, yawned a few times, prepared coffee, turned it on and watched helplessly when you figured out that you forgot to put in the water, quickly unplugged it (I guess it never occurred to you to simply turn it off), scratched yourself in a place I can't mention, opened the cabinet, and (BINGO!), got out the peanut butter to solve your persistent magnet problem.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-11-2017 at 09:06 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 06:30 AM   #50
dublincheri
Zealot
dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, new Basic 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by doremifaso View Post
I am also interested in getting DecalGirl, but I am afraid the magnet of my cover won't stick well afterwards. Please do tell us your experience. If you can also upload some pictures, it would be even better.
Will try to get photos later but I need to figure out how to make them small enough to post here. I can tell you the magnet still holds perfectly on my black leather Amazon cover.
dublincheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:17 AM   #51
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by dublincheri View Post
Will try to get photos later but I need to figure out how to make them small enough to post here. I can tell you the magnet still holds perfectly on my black leather Amazon cover.

Simple:

Go to 'Manage Attachments'.

That's it.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:48 AM   #52
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
I've been wondering about that but it was so expensive I'm hesitant about trying to test it.

How is yours demonstrating non-waterproofness? When it gets wet does it turn into a sodden mess and lose its shape when it dries out?
There was a small paper in the cover that said (translated and paraphrased) it is doesn't work underwater. It can be cleaned with water but that's it.

I didn't try it but it is not good anyway so I will use a third party cover in the future.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:58 AM   #53
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
There was a small paper in the cover that said (translated and paraphrased) it is doesn't work underwater. It can be cleaned with water but that's it.
I guess, in fairness, the Kindle will survive a fall into water, but it's not designed or intended to be used underwater.

As reported in another thread, both the leather and fabric official KO2 covers are now showing as "unavailable" on Amazon UK!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:04 AM   #54
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I guess, in fairness, the Kindle will survive a fall into water, but it's not designed or intended to be used underwater.

As reported in another thread, both the leather and fabric official KO2 covers are now showing as "unavailable" on Amazon UK!
Well, the Kindle can take half an hour of water.

I am still wondering how Amazon could release such a faulty and overpriced cover product.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:07 AM   #55
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
I am still wondering how Amazon could release such a faulty and overpriced cover product.
I have the "Saddle Tan" leather cover, and like it a lot. The price is on a par with previous Amazon leather covers, and those for other devices.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:52 AM   #56
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
I also am quite happy with both my Amazon covers. I bought the Merlot Leather and the Blue watersafe cover.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:03 AM   #57
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Well, the Kindle can take half an hour of water.

What I don't get is how they could let themselves run out, when you consider the markup on them. I tend to find OEM covers/cases absurdly overpriced relative both to the cost of the device and to their inherent value and I'm not referring just to Amazon.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:29 AM   #58
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
What I don't get is how they could let themselves run out, when you consider the markup on them.
They are probably not ran out but Amazon is trying to fix it.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:55 AM   #59
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
They are probably not ran out but Amazon is trying to fix it.
I suspect you're right; it's not the kind of thing Amazon gets wrong. Probably the return rate was too high.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:05 AM   #60
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Either, the Oasis cover is so popular it's sold out and they won't have more for two months or it's been pulled off the market--mine while it was allegedly enroute--to be redesigned and replaced. I suppose we'll see.

And, liking isn't the issue. Does it perform the function intended is, for me, the issue. Some people are delighted with their Rolex because it was expensive and is pretty. It does not perform any better than my digital $30 watch. Since I don't see well and the digital I bought has a huge display the digital performs its function better for me.

So, we'll wait to see what happens in the distant future when Amazon Kindle Oasis 2017 cases are available again.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
but are showing as used