Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-05-2007, 02:26 PM   #1
istiler
istiler began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader e-505
PRS 505 and deleting unwanted books

Accidentally, when I recently connected my PRS 505 to my computer it started synchronizing the books in my library (I have a very large library and only wish to add books manually). I have resolved that issue so no more synchronization occurs in the future. BUT-- now I can't delete the books the became synchronized, from my reader. I get a message saying that the only way to do this would be to delete the books from the library and then synchronize again to delete them from the reader. very much like the IPOD way of doing things. Well, it would be very tedious to do this. My question is, is there a way I can completely delete all the books from my reader so that I can start afresh, adding books manually as I want them? Most of my books are on an SD card anyway so deleted everything from the reader and starting again would not be a hardship. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
istiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:33 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, istiler!

I think there's a "clear internal memory" option (or something like that) in the "settings" menu, probably under "advanced options." Give that a try.

Oh, and since you're probably the first of us to need to do so, please let us know how it works.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:40 PM   #3
istiler
istiler began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader e-505
Perfect

Thank you so much NatCh. Your suggestion worked perfectly. The internal memory was formatted within seconds and I have a tabula rasa to add to now.
I appreciate your rapid response and your nice welcome. I really love this forum and will continue to be active.
istiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:45 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Glad to hear it worked, and thanks for the report! We're glad to have you, it's the people that make this community worth being a part of.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:46 PM   #5
Mirtika
Mirtika began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505
Whew. That cleared the books. On my 505, it's actually "format internal memory" that I got. Not "clear."

I'm doing a synch now to try to get it to load what I want (a less bulky set of books).

Thanks for this response. I've been trying to figure out for more than a week how to get rid of those books without a hard reset. The manual is no help at all, which Sony should address.

Mirtika
Mirtika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:48 PM   #6
brangelo
brangelo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony EReader PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Welcome to MobileRead, istiler!

I think there's a "clear internal memory" option (or something like that) in the "settings" menu, probably under "advanced options." Give that a try.

Oh, and since you're probably the first of us to need to do so, please let us know how it works.
After all these years, I still have my Red Reader!! The info for deleting books really works. Thank you!!!
brangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 07:28 AM   #7
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by istiler View Post
Accidentally, when I recently connected my PRS 505 to my computer it started synchronizing the books in my library (I have a very large library and only wish to add books manually).
I also do the transfer manually.

I connect the eReaders (I have several, including T1 and T3), so that they appear as "memory storage", then copy/paste the books via the explorer, eject the media to make sure the transfer was complete, all handles closed, file allocation tables updated, then I let the devices do the "house works" id est reorder the books, creating the covers, filling in the databases etc etc etc.

In case it was not immediately apparent - I do not use Calibre neither Sony software.

I also delete the books via its internal function.

Or simply I use the card reader and load the microSD as I do with photos and music etc
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote