Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-18-2020, 05:27 AM   #1
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
New Kindle in the Works.

From Goodreader :

Amazon is working on a Kindle Paperwhite 5 e-reader and and the big selling point are the amber LED lights, giving it a color temperature system. This is the same warm light system that that Kindle Oasis 3 employs. Amazon should announce this new Kindle sometime before Prime Day, which is set to occur sometime in October and Black Friday, at the end of November. Although, due to supply chain constraints, due to COVID, it could be pushed back into early 2021.

The Kindle Paperwhite line of e-readers are normally updated every every two or three years. The original Paperwhite came out in 2012 and the Paperwhite 2 came out in 2013. The Kindle Paperwhite 3 was released in 2015 and the Kindle Paperwhite 4 came out in 2018.

Every single Kindle Paperwhite model on the Amazon website is sold out, this includes the 8GB and 32GB models. All of the different color variants, such as black, plum, sage and blue color models are also not available. The soonest they will be in stock ranges from the end of September to the end of October. This could be due to shortages of the existing model, due to supply chain issues. Throughout the year, Amazon has beens sold out of various Kindles on their Canadian and US websites. The Kindle Oasis 3 and Paperwhite 4 have been not available for months at a time.

The upstream supply chain has confirmed with Good e-Reader that Amazon has been designing and testing a warm light Kindle Paperwhite for most of the year, it was supposed to be manufactured in the second quarter, but got pushed back, due to Foxconn only operating at less than 30% efficiency since April, due to COVID. The same thing happened to the Kobo Nia, it was supposed to come out May, but only got released a July.

I prefer a bigger screen.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 05:34 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It does not take a year to add a color changing LED(s).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2020, 06:33 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I would not be at all surprised to find that Amazon is working on a color frontlight for the next Paperwhite (although they might change the name!)

I would not be at all surprised if the next Paperwhite was launched sometime between now and next summer.

I would be astonished if GoodEreader's article was based on anything other than idle speculation.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 07:05 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I would not be at all surprised to find that Amazon is working on a color frontlight for the next Paperwhite (although they might change the name!)

I would not be at all surprised if the next Paperwhite was launched sometime between now and next summer.

I would be astonished if GoodEreader's article was based on anything other than idle speculation.
I hate to say this, but their last article on the PW3 was correct.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:22 AM   #5
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I hate to say this, but their last article on the PW3 was correct.
It’s the stopped clock. Since we know for a fact they make stuff up constantly, this is presumably as Paul said, sheer speculation. That every now and then, rarely, they get something right doesn’t make them more credible.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2020, 08:38 AM   #6
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Even a blind squirrel finds a nuts sometimes.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 11:09 AM   #7
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The Kindle Fadedpaper!

Quote:

Yep.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 11:23 AM   #8
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
The Kindle Fadedpaper!

I actually would like the warm light but I'm not willing to sacrifice jailbreak for it.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 11:50 AM   #9
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Wish they use Blue Not those Nasty Amber. The Kindle I had with them was Easy on the eyes. The Orange/Amber Hurt my eyes.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 01:56 PM   #10
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Wish they use Blue Not those Nasty Amber. The Kindle I had with them was Easy on the eyes. The Orange/Amber Hurt my eyes.
Isn't blue the default colour you get with "warmth" off in any case? There's not much point having a Kindle that changes colour from blue with warmth off to, er, blue with it on! So you can retain blueness on a colour-temp-capable Kindle just by leaving the warmth schedule switched off.
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 02:05 PM   #11
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It looks like the OP meant goodEreader, the internet's premier site for accurate information.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 02:27 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Given that it's color changing LEDs that are used, I see no reason why there cannot be a setting for the color.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:54 PM   #13
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The Paperwhite 5 is scheduled to be released 3 months after the Voyage 2.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:19 PM   #14
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Every single Kindle Paperwhite model on the Amazon website is sold out, this includes the 8GB and 32GB models. All of the different color variants, such as black, plum, sage and blue color models are also not available.
There are Paperwhites in stock right now, the black 8gb for one. I didn't look at all the various options.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:43 PM   #15
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
From Goodreader :

[B]Amazon is working on a Kindle Paperwhite 5 e-reader and and the big selling point are the amber LED lights, giving it a color temperature system. This is the same warm light system that that Kindle Oasis 3 employs. Amazon should announce this new Kindle sometime before Prime Day, which is set to occur sometime in October and Black Friday, at the end of November. Although, due to supply chain constraints, due to COVID, it could be pushed back into early 2021.
So it's going to announced "before Prime Day" but maybe not... it could be pushed back into "early 2021" or late or medium or... Pure speculation. I figure the new Paperwhite will have "warm light" as well, but I have no clue when it will be released. I think Amazon has been too busy building equipment to help the government monitor us to worry over a new Kindle this year. Covid-19 (forever) monitoring devices is where the real fortune is waiting to be made.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote