Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-02-2008, 04:05 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Amazon Daily

I've taken advantage of the free subscription to Amazon Daily. I just learned that it can be customized as to the topics covered and the ability to add author's blog.

Customize Amazon Daily
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Lots of good stuff there, will have to show the Kindle hogging Mrs. Where is the 505 Daily?
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:05 PM   #3
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
I'd love to know if customizing Amazon Daily works for you, it doesn't work for me. The online version matches my choices, but what gets downloaded to my Kindle is not customized at all.

Any suggestions?

I just emailed Amazon Kindle Support. I hope I'm missing something - I'm sick to death of "Car Lust"!!!

Last edited by tlrowley; 06-02-2008 at 06:09 PM.
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:36 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just found the customization page today. I was mostly interested in getting rid of the car reviews that show up often. I also deleted the entire music category. I'll post again tomorrow or the next day and let you know my results.

I have noticed that even though the authors have blog pages assigned to them, they don't all use them or use them very, very infrequently.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:09 PM   #5
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
I'm sick to death of "Car Lust"!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I was mostly interested in getting rid of the car reviews that show up often.
Birds of a a feather, daffy4u
Old 06-02-2008, 07:29 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
Birds of a a feather, daffy4u

Who knew there'd be so many!
Old 06-03-2008, 10:14 AM   #7
tlrowley
Quilt Geek

I just got a response from Amazon, and the Kindle version of Amazon Daily cannot be customized.

Oh well, I'll just have to keep skipping those d**n "Car Lust" articles!
Old 06-03-2008, 11:18 AM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Interesting. I didn't know there was a version of Amazon Daily that was NOT for the Kindle. I'm still with you on the car lust thing.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:33 PM   #9
tlrowley
Quilt Geek

When I go to the amazon.com homepage, there's a link to Amazon Daily in the top right-hand corner. I'm always logged in, too, so it's the customized version, YMMV.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:40 PM   #10
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I didn't know about Amazon Daily for *either* my computer desktop OR my Kindle. I'll go take a look and see if I want to subscribe. Thanks!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:41 PM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Hmmm, I don't see that link on my homepage but it doesn't matter. Thank you for following up with Amazon... and dashing my dreams of a car lust free Kindle.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:11 PM   #12
tlrowley
Quilt Geek

Here's a shot of amazon.com (as it appears to me!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Amazon.com_ Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more-2.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	13218  
Old 06-03-2008, 05:42 PM   #13
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Maybe I should feel paranoid. I see something different.

I was able to subscribe to the rss feed by going to the Amazon Daily page.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:07 PM   #14
dugbug
Addict
dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.dugbug once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Nice. I went to the kindle store, clicked on blogs, and its the first one listed. Price: 0.00.

I opted out of a lot, but this is still a nice feature.

-d
dugbug is offline   Reply With Quote