Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

View Poll Results: How many eBooks on your reader?
just 1 at a time 0 0%
up to 10 (2-10) 7 5.51%
up to 50 (11-50) 25 19.69%
up to 100 (51-100) 15 11.81%
up to 250 (101-250) 35 27.56%
up to 500 (251-500) 26 20.47%
501 to 750 6 4.72%
751 to 1,000 2 1.57%
1,001 to 1,500 5 3.94%
1,501 to 2000 3 2.36%
2,001+ 3 2.36%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2009, 08:37 PM   #1
gerraldo
Anti-DRM Advocate
gerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-books

Device: CyBook Gen 3, Palm Tungsten T3
How many eBooks on your reader?

Out of sheer curiosity and to have a new non-Opus or FW-update topic...

I Know some of you have their whole library on their reader, some parts of it and me, I have just a special selected assortment (around 30-40). How about you?
gerraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
1,154...for now
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2009, 09:11 PM   #3
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I'm using a Sony, and have 243 books (241 waiting to be read, 2 in progress,) loaded into the main memory plus 985 songs on a memory card. (I tried taking out the music, but missed it and put it back. I didn't listen to it. I just missed it. )

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:31 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerraldo View Post
Out of sheer curiosity and to have a new non-Opus or FW-update topic...

I Know some of you have their whole library on their reader, some parts of it and me, I have just a special selected assortment (around 30-40). How about you?
I edited the poll to include larger numbers of ebooks. I have a nearly complete copy of my entire (fiction) ebook library on a CF card in my Airpanel 100, which has folder support (unlike most dedicated ebook readers).
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:00 PM   #5
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I have roughly 150 "books" on my Kindle, 58 of which are samples. There are only 40 or so on the Sony reader. I have purchased 262 books from Amazon, Fictionwise, and Webscription, and I've downloaded hundreds & hundreds of free books. I keep all the extras on a big server in my den and also on a 120 Gig hard drive that I carry around for backups.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2009, 04:23 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
upto 100 on my Gen3 - i don't want to install many more until i can get a decent library support !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:23 AM   #7
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
A quick count says 285.

Isn't this poll only for Cybook owners?
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:24 AM   #8
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
I have about 300 of my 2600 library.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:30 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Once you reach the point that your e-Book library can't fit onto a memory card, you have to start being "selective" about what you carry with you, and at that point it doesn't really matter to me whether I have 100 books with me or 10000.

The current list of authors in my e-Book library is 4441 items long, so even if I arranged my books by author (which I do), it would still be impractically long to use on a small-screen device.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:37 AM   #10
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
About 60 books. And they're too much (I must reduce). My library is at two hard disk, I carry at the reader the books I'm thinking to read.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:37 AM   #11
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Once you reach the point that your e-Book library can't fit onto a memory card, you have to start being "selective" about what you carry with you, and at that point it doesn't really matter to me whether I have 100 books with me or 10000.

The current list of authors in my e-Book library is 4441 items long, so even if I arranged my books by author (which I do), it would still be impractically long to use on a small-screen device.
My problem isn't the size of a memory card, it's the support the Sony Reader PRS-500 has for large e-book collections. Over so many, it goes sloooowwww...
So my very large memory card is largely empty 272 books though!

Last edited by AprilHare; 08-16-2009 at 04:38 AM. Reason: moar
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:43 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, the Sony Reader's "indexing" of books on start-up can be a nuisance. I found the same as you when I had a PRS-500.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:28 AM   #13
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-350, Cybook Gen3, Palm T|X
150 individual files. Books - about 200 since I make omnibuses where I can.

DrS
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:08 AM   #14
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
A bit above 100. I have much bigger library, but it's currently unusable on Cybook, so I'm waiting for folder support.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:26 AM   #15
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
About 160 and climbing every day... I cannot read as fast as I buy them...

Damn Fictionwise and their NYTime bestseller's list special and their Micropay dollars... I cannot resist!

I have become an addict and a compulsive buyer!!!

Regards,

Georges
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote