Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-04-2021, 11:00 PM   #121
arooni
Addict
arooni began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Intriguing. I wonder if they're planning a refresh on the oasis sometime soon. The jailbreak works without a hitch? And is permanent?
arooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 07:15 AM   #122
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast
tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (jailbroken)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arooni View Post
Intriguing. I wonder if they're planning a refresh on the oasis sometime soon. The jailbreak works without a hitch? And is permanent?
The Jailbreak Hotfix makes it "permanent". At least until amazon makes an update that somehow circumvents it. As of right now it seems like even if you update to 5.13.5, if you have the hotfix installed you'll keep your jailbreak.

You can also try the OTA blocking method in the OP to prevent it from updating. That's what I'd recommend.

KindleBreak won't work on any not-yet-released devices, because they'll probably have a stock firmware that's higher than 5.13.3.

Last edited by tryol; 04-05-2021 at 07:21 AM.
tryol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2021, 08:11 AM   #123
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryol View Post
Here is the thread where the post is which (I assume) j.p.s was referencing. There are multiple posts of recently bought Kindles here.

If you end up buying one please share your results like we did!
I ended up buying a Kobo Libra in the end! Realizing I missed the boat for the jailbreak made me think about all the other features I love on the kobo and which the kindle doesn’t have. And I didn’t see the point of buying the same device just to get the screensaver hack - I knew this would make me think of all the other things I was missing - most importantly, the progress bar that amazon took away back when I had a little KNT (the one with the tall cover with the fold out light). I’m still holding on to my Oasis for my newspaper subscription, prime reading and the supremely excellent vocabulary builder which I use for my French.

P.S. I can delete this and move it to the other thread if you like

Last edited by Pjama; 04-05-2021 at 08:12 AM. Reason: P.S.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:41 AM   #124
tryol
Warm Lighting Enthusiast
tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tryol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3 (jailbroken)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
I ended up buying a Kobo Libra in the end! Realizing I missed the boat for the jailbreak made me think about all the other features I love on the kobo and which the kindle doesn’t have. And I didn’t see the point of buying the same device just to get the screensaver hack - I knew this would make me think of all the other things I was missing - most importantly, the progress bar that amazon took away back when I had a little KNT (the one with the tall cover with the fold out light). I’m still holding on to my Oasis for my newspaper subscription, prime reading and the supremely excellent vocabulary builder which I use for my French.

P.S. I can delete this and move it to the other thread if you like

Even though I want as many people as possible to join the Kindle jailbreaking scene, it might not be the best option for everybody.

I hope you'll be happy with your decision in the long term!

Last edited by tryol; 04-05-2021 at 09:45 AM.
tryol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 11:24 AM   #125
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryol View Post
Even though I want as many people as possible to join the Kindle jailbreaking scene, it might not be the best option for everybody.

I hope you'll be happy with your decision in the long term!
Thanks tryol, I’ve been there and done that with the jail breaking years ago, and I remember that I am never ever happy, there’s always some other tweak I want to make, and certain things such as progress bar, header and footer the way kobo has it, just don’t seem to be possible, and
I know I will be dissatisfied. Maybe this way I will finally achieve e-reader nirvana.

ETA: these things are probably 'possible', but I am literally the only person who cares about them.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2021, 09:39 AM   #126
ninki
Connoisseur
ninki began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin 6.1, Kindle 3, Kindle Touch, KPW3, KOA3
Hi
I need some help.
I have KOA3 v5.12.4
So I did de the jd-jailbreak + JB hotfix + mrpi and Kual
But I can’t see kual extension in the kindle
I don’t know what I did wrong
Any ideas?
ninki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 10:03 AM   #127
ninki
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninki View Post
Hi
I need some help.
I have KOA3 v5.12.4
So I did de the jd-jailbreak + JB hotfix + mrpi and Kual
But I can’t see kual extension in the kindle
I don’t know what I did wrong
Any ideas?
I got it!
coplate
Old 04-20-2021, 10:29 PM   #128
qwertypoiyoity
qwertypoiyoity began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Angry Ah darn missedit

I wish i saw this earlier, missed the opportunity and my kindle is now on 5.13.5.
qwertypoiyoity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 09:36 AM   #129
subcribed
subcribed began at the beginning.

Device: KOA3
JB Hotfix -Update error

Hello Everyone.

Before I talk about my problem, a big thanks to all who applied your time and intelligence to this jailbreak!!!! It helps me feel I actually own the device instead of having it on loan from Amazon.

The Problem.

I have a KOA3 5.13.2.

I have applied the jailbreak with the kindlebreak file saying:
"Loaded logging functions
Didn't find existing developer key
Created developer key (0)
Updated permissions for developer key
Enabled developer flag
Finished installing jailbreak, restarting..."

However the moment I disconnect the USB of the Kindle [after loading JB Hotfix]
it says "Update error - an invalid update has been loaded on your device" pops up and the update button is greyed out"....

Versions I used:
kindle-jb-kindlebreak-1.0-r18327.tar.xz | 2021-Apr-14 20:37:16
JailBreak-1.16.N-FW-5.x-hotfix.zip | 2021-Apr-14 20:36:09

For good measure, I also reset firmware to 5.13.2, and tried the whole thing again.

Has anyone faced this problem? Any ideas?

thx!!!
subcribed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 10:11 AM   #130
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@subcribed: Did you skip step 1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post

Identification.

First, you need to identify your device. Just follow the instructions on this wiki page.

If you can't find your exact variant in the table, PM me the first 6 characters of your S/N, along with as much information about your device as you can (marketing name, date & country of purchase/delivery, whether it's WiFi-only or has cellular capabilities, and the bezel color if appropriate). Then wait for me to confirm that stuff has been repackaged to handle it, because none of this will work until I do .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 10:24 AM   #131
subcribed
subcribed began at the beginning.

Device: KOA3
JB Hotfix - Update error

You are absolutely right NiLuJe - I did not do that step correctly - I looked at the descriptions and not the serial code.
I have requested permission to PM and shall send across the details as soon as I have the ability to do so.

thx!
subcribed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 12:49 PM   #132
ninki
Connoisseur

I have KOA3 v5.12.4
So I did de the jd-jailbreak + JB hotfix + mrpi and Kual And finally got librariansync and screensavers working
Thank you very much to all of you people that make this possible!
Old 04-22-2021, 12:27 PM   #133
huronhorn
huronhorn began at the beginning.

Device: nova pro
Hi everyone,
I'm interested in buying used kindle oasis 9th gen (2017). Some days ago i asked the seller to send me screenshot of its serial number and firmware version. This kindle oasis runs on firmware version 5.10.3, but it prefixes with G000P6. Anyone can confirm if its jailbreakable or not? I already look at the wiki and there is no KOA2 with G000P6 prefix, just need to confirm.

Thanks, here is the screenshot:
https://postimg.cc/21z8vShY
huronhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 12:42 PM   #134
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@huronhorn: Technically, yes, but you won't be able to install stuff quite yet, for the same reason as @subcribed.

I'm going to need slightly more details about that device for that: its color, first; and, if possible, the original country of purchase.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 12:51 PM   #135
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by huronhorn View Post
Hi everyone,
I'm interested in buying used kindle oasis 9th gen (2017). Some days ago i asked the seller to send me screenshot of its serial number and firmware version. This kindle oasis runs on firmware version 5.10.3, but it prefixes with G000P6. Anyone can confirm if its jailbreakable or not? I already look at the wiki and there is no KOA2 with G000P6 prefix, just need to confirm.

Thanks, here is the screenshot:
https://postimg.cc/21z8vShY
Is it maybe a champagne (gold) color model?

If so, it might just not be in the S/N database. Oasis -> low volume, 32GB -> low volume, cellular -> low volume. 32GB, cellular, special color -> lowest volume of all?

If you are the first, then it is you that can confirm.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.13.3, exploit, jailbreak, kindle, kindlebreak