Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-23-2021, 07:30 AM   #1
meziane
meziane began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Question Does CC send books to Calibre?

Hello,

I am using Calibre on PC (Windows) for a while now to manage my library and sync a part of it on an Android tablet (around 2000 ebooks on my tablet). As since some time some files and/or directories on my tablet are not viewed by my pc (old bug known but never resolved) I decided to use CC to sync.

Once installed I have set the right parameter on Calibre to grant wifi connection and set parameters on CCC to give to it the directory I use on my tablet to store my ebooks. I launched the connexion.

On the window displayed by CC I see 2 lines with a progression bar for each (see the attached file). This lines say (free translation as my tablet is in French):

the first says : send information of the book to calibre
the second says : send "ebook_name".

Does this means that CC resend the book to Calibre? If yes is it possible to avoid this? I don't need as books on my tablet come all from Calibre!

Thaaks in advance if someone can clarify this.

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210123_132111b.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	184896  
meziane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 07:58 AM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
calibre can request info to smart device apps, like CC.

If calibre request info for a given book smart device apps send the metadata of that book. That makes possible to sync back to calibre certain fields that can be modified on device.

It is posible that calibre requests to CC a given book if the user select the device view and click "add book to library", but that's not what you're seeing on your screenshot.

If you're using CC as a consumer and you never change any book info from CC you're fine connecting to calibre as a wireless client (without sync). If you set books read status or valoration in CC you might want sync to have all these things back to calibre.

Anyways, syncing back books to calibre is quite fast for hundreds or thousands of books.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2021, 08:06 AM   #3
meziane
meziane began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Hi Pazos,

Thanks for your answer.

In fact, I don't see where, into CC parameters I can connected to caliber without sync... Do you know?

Regards
meziane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 08:15 AM   #4
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
I no longer use CC but I remember there're 3 options to connect to calibre in the three dots in top-right. One is to connect to the content server and two to connect as a wireless client, one without sync and other with sync.

It could have changed, as the new dev borked the program completely in record time.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 09:08 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by meziane View Post
Does this means that CC resend the book to Calibre?
No, CC doesn't send books to calibre unless you specifically request it in calibre's device view. CC sends book metadata to calibre if it isn't there already. It does this to support book matching and metadata caching.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert