Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-02-2009, 01:04 PM   #1
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Fonts on the PRS-600

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what fonts are actually on the PRS-600?
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:00 PM   #2
wolfshades
wolfshades began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
Great question!

I have a PRS-600 and have noticed a difference in fonts depending upon the book I'm reading, when all are set at the "small" font - some are legible, and others need to be turned up to the "medium" font. So my guess would be is that it's determined by the book, not the device itself.

That's just a subjective guess though. (I've been around to various sites, including wikipedia and Sony and haven't seen anything on this question.)
wolfshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
Are they looking the same as these? Because I have the same question for the PRS-300 fonts.

Quote:
So my guess would be is that it's determined by the book, not the device itself.
The majority of LRF books do not have fonts embedded, so the fonts are determined by the ereader. But the font size depend on the book.
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:07 AM   #4
Tony Hoyle
Enthusiast
Tony Hoyle began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS600
It's funny.. looking at that picture reminds me why I went for the 600 not the 300.. couldn't read a book with a font that big
Tony Hoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #5
Faenad
Ad astra per aspera
Faenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enoughFaenad will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505, PRS-300 & HTC HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Hoyle View Post
It's funny.. looking at that picture reminds me why I went for the 600 not the 300.. couldn't read a book with a font that big
These are custom-sized 11.6 pt fonts... I converted all the ebook I loaded to this font size. After reading on a small smartphone screen, I think my wife wanted to take some vacations from small fonts size (the reader was for her).

As the size of the font depend on the book, not on the reader, nothing would prevent you to set all your book to a 8 pt font size. And Drmed books generally comes with smaller fonts too (as well as extra wide margin).
Faenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert