Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-19-2015, 11:55 AM   #1
uralponkhy
uralponkhy began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
kobo glo automatic restore

Hi all, I am in a great trouble. Few weeks ago after upgrading my kobo glo to the latest firmware it has started to restore on its own. After each restore, while reading its glolight starts blingking then hangs up. When I power it off and try to restart, it restores and I have to follow all the steps of WiFi or computer setup. After restoring it runs for few time quite OK and then same thing happen again and again. I even changed its internal memory with the factory image. But no result. Can anyone please suggest me what should I do?
uralponkhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:44 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Is this happening with the same book or different books? What book format (epub or kepub direct from Kobo etc)? It could be a bad book that it's choking on.
If it's happening in multiple books then I might suspect hardware issues. Might be worth trying a different SD card with a fresh factory image.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2015, 06:19 AM   #3
uralponkhy
uralponkhy began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
It is with different books....format mostly PDF...tried with different SD card with factory image....do I have any other option rather than throwing it to the trash can???
uralponkhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:47 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Try a factory reset and then update the firmware again.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:50 PM   #5
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
I had a similar problem some time ago. When I powered up it went into restore mode. What I diagnosed was that the light button had become stuck in the down position (I was going to say it was depressed but that summed up how I felt !). If you power-up a Glo with the light button pressed it will enter restore mode.

Eventually I realised this was happening because of stress placed on the case of the Glo by the otherwise excellent Gecko cover which "pinched" the top of the Glo. The problem seemed to be temperature sensitive.

Everything was o.k if I didn't power down except that the light would turn itself off and on at random - this was what gave me the clue.

Hope this gives you an idea of where to look.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert