Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-22-2024, 05:52 AM   #1
repilo
Enthusiast
repilo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
First steps with kobopatch; what can I improve?

Encouraged by some of your comments, I am looking at how to use kobopatch. I think I already know how to do it, but now I'm wondering what I can achieve with it. What are the possibilities to improve the experience with my Libra 2.

As a beginner, I have the feeling that the information is quite scattered, I am quite lost.

I think I just need to know what I can include in the kobopatch.yaml file in the "overrides" section.

Is there any place that keeps an updated list?

Could someone give me their "overrides" to serve me as an example?

Thank you very much.
repilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 07:51 AM   #2
hatuluang
Connoisseur
hatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheesehatuluang can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Libra 2 First steps with kobopatch; what can I improve?

You will find the patches and their functions on the file libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml, nickel.yaml, kibrndsk.so.10.0.yaml and libadobe.so.yaml under the SRC folder. And activate those patches in kobopatch.yaml

Please find the sample of kobopatch.yaml for 4.38.21908 in the zip file attached
Attached Files
File Type: zip kobopatch.yaml.zip (2.4 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by hatuluang; 03-22-2024 at 08:03 AM. Reason: add attachment file
hatuluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 08:13 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by repilo View Post
Encouraged by some of your comments, I am looking at how to use kobopatch. I think I already know how to do it, but now I'm wondering what I can achieve with it. What are the possibilities to improve the experience with my Libra 2.

As a beginner, I have the feeling that the information is quite scattered, I am quite lost.

I think I just need to know what I can include in the kobopatch.yaml file in the "overrides" section.

Is there any place that keeps an updated list?

Could someone give me their "overrides" to serve me as an example?

Thank you very much.
Here are all my .yamal files. It will allow you have have a very nicely patched Libra 2. That's what I have so everything is customized for such. Give it a tray and then you can turn off any you don't want. It also includes the better English hyphenation dictionary that gets automatically installed.

The file that has all the Yes/No and the line to install the dictionary is kobopatch.yaml.

This is for firmware version 4.38.21908 (as of now, the current firmware version).
Attached Files
File Type: zip 4.38.21908.zip (155.6 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-22-2024 at 08:20 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote