Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-29-2017, 02:34 PM   #271
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
It seems Wish List is broken. But this, and Kindle Store more broadly, is not part of the firmware, but a customized web site. Eventually it will get fixed. Even so, if you have a long wishlist you cannot browse the whole thing on a Kindle - It cuts off after a couple hundred items.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 02:45 PM   #272
Illyria
Connoisseur
Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK, K5, K7, KPW3
Of course I'm not quite sure if the wishlist issue is related to the update but accessing it did work shortly before the update and I don't have this problem when using one of my old Kindles like the Keyboard or the non-touch basic.
Illyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2017, 02:56 PM   #273
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Ah, man, I hadn't even noticed. That is not good as I am a heavy wishlist user. Its how I grab my next KU read. Its still there in the menu, but it won't go anywhere. Just stays in the store. They must have broken the link somehow. That is too bad.
It still works for me on my Voyages with 5.8.11.
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 03:17 PM   #274
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post
It still works for me on my Voyages with 5.8.11.
Doesn't work on my Voyage with same update. Hmm. Going to do a restart to see if that fixes it.

I don't keep more than 100 or so on each wishlist, but I have several sorted by genres. Its always handy to just go in there and take a look.

eta: Unfortunately, restarting did not fix it. I still cannot access wishlists on 5.8.11 on my Voyage. I haven't tried my Oasis yet, which is on same new update.
Update: Also not there on Oasis. It just circles on top, but stays right on the kindle store. No wishlists.

Last edited by Atunah; 10-29-2017 at 03:23 PM.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 04:28 PM   #275
seanyyz
Connoisseur
seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Well you can all relax. I managed to finally update my software. No thanks to Amazon online chat.
seanyyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2017, 06:40 PM   #276
gal_amy
Connoisseur
gal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguegal_amy can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: iPad 9.7, iPad 10.5, Kindle HDX, iPhone6, iPhone7, Oasis2
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyyz View Post
Well you can all relax. I managed to finally update my software. No thanks to Amazon online chat.

I called and she said the 5.8.11 wasn’t available for my PW3. She said I have the latest Paperwhite. I manually put it on my Paperwhite and did a restart and I finally have the sliders. Awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
gal_amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 07:42 PM   #277
seanyyz
Connoisseur
seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seanyyz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by gal_amy View Post
I called and she said the 5.8.11 wasn’t available for my PW3. She said I have the latest Paperwhite. I manually put it on my Paperwhite and did a restart and I finally have the sliders. Awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I hadn’t updated mine in quite a while so I had to do it manually. But I had trouble figuring out how to do and the first time I put the program on the kindle it didn’t work and I wanted Amazon chat to lead me through it and they were useless. I’m not computer savvy but on the chat she just posted the link to the instructions (which I already had and discontinued the chat.
seanyyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 11:12 AM   #278
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
I've now come across a kfx format book that isn't showing a cover. It's an omnibus edition so is quite a large file. I tried deleting it from my kindle, then resent it from Manage my Content, same problem.
Then I tried deleting it and downloaded it from Manage my Content and transferred via USB to my kindle - still no cover.

Has anyone else had this problem with kfx books?
OK, so amazon did try to help me with this, and updated from their end. Went through various steps, the usual restarting, side loading, etc. etc.

I found the problem myself - the publisher had changed the supplied cover image to one in landscape format. So I added a version in portrait and sent it to my Voyage, where it now displays perfectly.

Good to get to the bottom of this, and amazon or the publisher can now correct the book so no-one else experiences this hell.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:01 PM   #279
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
As hius07 notes, you need to create your own file:

1. Create a plain text file and name it FONT_RAMP. Delete any extension if one is created. (You'll need a plain text editor to do this.)

2. Type in 14 values of your choice. (Start with the default values and adjust up or down to your taste.) The file should contain only 14 numbers, nothing else.

3. Connect Kindle to computer via USB and copy into root directory (i.e., don't put it in any of the existing folders; just drop it into the main directory).

4. Restart Kindle.
If I later delete this FONT_RAMP file, will the kindle revert to built-in sizes? Just wondering about how to revert, if I don't like my experiment in font sizes. I've not had a problem with them, but I'm not averse to playing with a FONT_RAMP file if it can be reversed equally simply.
badgoodDeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:07 PM   #280
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
If I later delete this FONT_RAMP file, will the kindle revert to built-in sizes? Just wondering about how to revert, if I don't like my experiment in font sizes. I've not had a problem with them, but I'm not averse to playing with a FONT_RAMP file if it can be reversed equally simply.
Yes, the default sizes will be restored.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 04:32 PM   #281
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Doesn't work on my Voyage with same update. Hmm. Going to do a restart to see if that fixes it.

I don't keep more than 100 or so on each wishlist, but I have several sorted by genres. Its always handy to just go in there and take a look.

eta: Unfortunately, restarting did not fix it. I still cannot access wishlists on 5.8.11 on my Voyage. I haven't tried my Oasis yet, which is on same new update.
Update: Also not there on Oasis. It just circles on top, but stays right on the kindle store. No wishlists.
Ok...so it's working on my Voyage with 5.8.11. How are you accessing the wish list? (it seems as if there are at least a couple of different ways)

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 04:34 PM   #282
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Ok...so it's working on my Voyage with 5.8.11. How are you accessing the wish list? (it seems as if there are at least a couple of different ways)

Shari
I'm clicking on "store" in the icons at the top, and then once I'm in the store, I click the three dots in the upper right and choose "wish list" from there.

Shari
Old 10-30-2017, 04:53 PM   #283
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
I'm clicking on "store" in the icons at the top, and then once I'm in the store, I click the three dots in the upper right and choose "wish list" from there.

Shari
I tried both ways, which are really the same The icon and then the dots like you did there and using the drop down from home page to go to kindle store and then use the dots. Same result on both. The circle spins a bit, but stays on the "amazon.com Kindle Store" page. That is what it says on top. I cannot pull up my wishlists. Not from my Voyage, or my Oasis.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 04:55 PM   #284
shalym
Wizard

Quote:
I tried both ways, which are really the same The icon and then the dots like you did there and using the drop down from home page to go to kindle store and then use the dots. Same result on both. The circle spins a bit, but stays on the "amazon.com Kindle Store" page. That is what it says on top. I cannot pull up my wishlists. Not from my Voyage, or my Oasis.
Sorry...I wish I could do something to help, other than to say that it's working for me, so hope is not lost--it could start working for you, as well.

Shari
Old 10-30-2017, 06:07 PM   #285
Illyria
Connoisseur
Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK, K5, K7, KPW3
Quote:
That's exactly what's happening on my K7 and PW3 as well. The strange thing is that I can still access the wishlist from all the old non-touch models. Thus I'm inclined to believe the issue is related to the update, as it worked just fine before it.
Illyria is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
font_ramp