Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-20-2016, 12:43 PM   #1
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
(2) Kindle Touch won't upgrade

I have two Kindle Touch devices that are currently on the firmware 5.1.2. I wish to upgrade them to the latest possible update for these devices, but they will not complete the update. I have tried to update in installments, starting with the next update in the sequence from 5.1.2, but no matter what, the updates always fail. I've tried resetting the devices, but that made no change either. Does anyone know what the issue might be? The error message I get when the update fails is, I think, "006."
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:49 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA

Upper right corner of the page, in the little text box enter:
error 006
Then click the button labeled "Search"

There is a good chance that question has been asked before.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2016, 12:56 PM   #3
sneakyspider
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I didn't even think of that. Thanks, I've looked it up and one post suggested using Kubrick and then trying to update it. So I'll try that and see if it works.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:16 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyspider View Post
I didn't even think of that. Thanks, I've looked it up and one post suggested using Kubrick and then trying to update it. So I'll try that and see if it works.
Good, that will give you a known starting point.

Then don't just use the 'next version' of the firmware, follow with the specific firmware versions shown on the Amazon update page.

All of the Kindle Touch firmware versions can be jailbroken.
So don't bother with adding anything until your done with the updating.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:00 PM   #5
sneakyspider

I tried the Kubrick method on both devices. Then updated to 5.3.2.1, and then from that to the latest firmware. This time the update was successful.
Advert
Old 04-20-2016, 10:45 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyspider View Post
I tried the Kubrick method on both devices. Then updated to 5.3.2.1, and then from that to the latest firmware. This time the update was successful.
congrat's