Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Can I use .com credit to buy Kindle for use in UK?

I've got about $100 in credit at my Amazon.com associates account. I'd like a new Kindle, so I'm wondering if I can use it to buy a Kindle at amazon.com, to use in the UK.

Does anyone know if this is possible? Any issues? Would there be a problem buying the special offers version?
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 10:18 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No, you can't. You can only buy a Kindle for the UK at amazon.co.uk.

What you could do is try to find someone in the US who wants the $100 in Amazon credit, transfer the credit to them as a gift voucher, and get them to buy you an amazon.co.uk gift voucher of similar value.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #3
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, you can't. You can only buy a Kindle for the UK at amazon.co.uk.

What you could do is try to find someone in the US who wants the $100 in Amazon credit, transfer the credit to them as a gift voucher, and get them to buy you an amazon.co.uk gift voucher of similar value.
That might be a possibility. Thanks, Harry.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
That might be a possibility. Thanks, Harry.
Have just done something very similar, I should mention that transferring the credit to someone else's account isn't something you can do through the website. You have to contact customer services and explain that you have unusable amazon.com credit and ask them to do the transfer to a different account.

And then get a paypal credit or other credit from the person who's account you've transferred the Amazon.com credit. It's finding the reliable person with a regularly used Amazon.com account (so they're have to have some Amazon.com credit) that's the tricky bit.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:14 AM   #5
avantman42
Wizard

Thanks for the extra info. I know some reliable people in the US, but I don't know how often they use Amazon. Guess I'll have to ask :-)
Advert
Old 12-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You're a well-established MR member. Why not ask here? I'm sure that someone will be able to help you out.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #7
avantman42
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You're a well-established MR member. Why not ask here? I'm sure that someone will be able to help you out.
Because ... I didn't think of that ;-)

I might just do that, once the credit has arrived. I had my account set to pay by cheque, with minimum amount set high, so I wouldn't get anything until I'd worked out how to deal with it.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:54 PM   #8
cadele
Addict
cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, Sony 650
Couldn't you just buy yourself an amazon gift card using the credit but sending it to your UK account email? You could then purchase the UK kindle and apply the gift card amount to that. Or do Amazon not allow this?
cadele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:34 AM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadele View Post
Couldn't you just buy yourself an amazon gift card using the credit but sending it to your UK account email? You could then purchase the UK kindle and apply the gift card amount to that. Or do Amazon not allow this?
You can't buy gift cards with gift card credit.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:26 AM   #10
cadele
Addict
cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, Sony 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
You can't buy gift cards with gift card credit.
Ah. Thank you for explaining. I wasn't aware of that. What a nuisance.
cadele is offline   Reply With Quote