Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-20-2011, 07:18 AM   #1
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur
JayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Tidying Up My Library

Hi,

I want to tidy up my books, for some reason I have always edited my titles to include the published year before the start of the title, I want to stop this and just have the title

Bernard Cornwell - (2004) The Last Kingdom
Christopher Brookmyre - (1996) Quite Ugly One Morning
Conn Iggulden - (2003) The Gates Of Rome

How can I batch edit to remove the years from the title (xxxx) to clean the library up, will I have to convert all my books again just to achieve this? or is there some way just to remove the years part without converting again?

Jay
JayLaFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:05 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLaFunk View Post
How can I batch edit to remove the years from the title (xxxx) to clean the library up, will I have to convert all my books again just to achieve this? or is there some way just to remove the years part without converting again?
Highlight all books needing renamed (test on 3 or 4 books first)
open edit metadata window
click on the Search and replace tab
set search mode to Regular expression
Search field: title
search for: (\(\d+\)\s)
Replace field: empty
Destination field: title

Verify test text and the test result columns show what you expect then click OK.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-20-2011 at 08:11 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2011, 09:12 AM   #3
JayLaFunk
Connoisseur
JayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enoughJayLaFunk will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Cheers dwanthny,

That sorted it, 2379 books in the library looking the correct way, can't remember why I inserted the year into the title many moons ago

Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Highlight all books needing renamed (test on 3 or 4 books first)
open edit metadata window
click on the Search and replace tab
set search mode to Regular expression
Search field: title
search for: (\(\d+\)\s)
Replace field: empty
Destination field: title

Verify test text and the test result columns show what you expect then click OK.
JayLaFunk is offline   Reply With Quote