Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 11-15-2018, 12:47 AM   #331
trence
Connoisseur
trence doesn't littertrence doesn't litter

Device: Likebook Mars
Has anyone as of yet figured out how to force a screen refresh quickly? Haven't had too many issues not refreshing correctly.

One issue that is bugging me for example, in Koreader Night mode, for some reason the screen doesn't flash. I read on their site someone had made a ticket for this issue but the developer wasn't able to find much on the Boyue OS.
trence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 06:15 AM   #332
Vortex
Groupie
Vortex began at the beginning.

Is it possible to open books directly from the HOME screen in other reader apps?
I installed Moon+ Reader, because if I changed the font on the default reader the spacing between letters and words went crazy. Under: User Settings>Apps>Moon Reader>Open by Default, I set it to 'Open Supported Links', but clicking books on the HOME screen still opens them in the default reader, is it possible to change this? Thanks.
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:04 AM   #333
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, DX, PW4, PW5, Scribe; Likebook Mars; Fire HD 8; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
Is it possible to open books directly from the HOME screen in other reader apps?
Yes, but it's not worth the trouble. I have the books set to open in Moon+Reader, but it does not display how far along i am in a book, the back arrow returns to the books view instead of to my Moon+Reader library, and when I go to my Moon+Reader library, it has not updated how far along I am in a book. To keep this information current, I have to regulary open books from the Moon+Reader library and just ignore the books view.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:32 AM   #334
Jeraw
Jeraw can extract oil from cheeseJeraw can extract oil from cheeseJeraw can extract oil from cheeseJeraw can extract oil from cheeseJeraw can extract oil from cheeseJeraw can extract oil from cheeseJeraw can extract oil from cheeseJeraw can extract oil from cheeseJeraw can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 4 (non touch) - Likebook Mars
Is 128gb for the micro sd card a hard limit or the biggest suggested size before the ereader struggle to read whatever is on it?
Jeraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 05:11 PM   #335
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Using Notepad Free, I wrote a text file on my Likebook Mars. When I connected it to my computer, I could not find my text file. I copied and pasted the content to another text editor, but that didn't help. I then installed AndrOpen Office, pasted the content there, created a directory called Documents, and saved the file there. But when I connected to my computer, I could not see the Documents directory. So I disconnected, ran AndrOpen Office, loaded the file from the Documents directory, and saved it to the pre-existing Downloads directory. But when I connected to my computer again, I could not find my file. Why are files I write to my Likebook Mars not showing up when I connect it to my desktop? How can I access them when I plug my Likebook Mars into my Windows 7 computer?

Last edited by fduniho; 11-15-2018 at 05:13 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-15-2018, 06:36 PM   #336
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
I haven't got a larger card to test with, but I'd be surprised if you wouldn't be able to use a larger size card just as well. I had readers that were billed to support 32gb which worked just fine with 64GB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeraw View Post
Is 128gb for the micro sd card a hard limit or the biggest suggested size before the ereader struggle to read whatever is on it?
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 11:03 AM   #337
muniek66
muniek66 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch Glowlight
I look forward to my Likebook Mars, which I ordered during 11.11 and I have some questions about additional equipment:

1. Is it better to buy a Bluetooth keyboard or a keyboard on a radio receiver via USB OTG? Which will absorb less batteries? Can I have a keyboard and headphones connected via Bluetooth at the same time (use them at the same moment)?

2. Could anyone think about a grip, so that the Likebook could be used as a screen when writing? Maybe the original cover can be used as a "stand"?

3. Are there any available screen protectors?

Many thanks for possible help!
muniek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:47 PM   #338
feelmaroon
Connoisseur
feelmaroon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle 4, PW2, Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by muniek66 View Post
I look forward to my Likebook Mars, which I ordered during 11.11 and I have some questions about additional equipment:

1. Is it better to buy a Bluetooth keyboard or a keyboard on a radio receiver via USB OTG? Which will absorb less batteries? Can I have a keyboard and headphones connected via Bluetooth at the same time (use them at the same moment)?

2. Could anyone think about a grip, so that the Likebook could be used as a screen when writing? Maybe the original cover can be used as a "stand"?

3. Are there any available screen protectors?

Many thanks for possible help!
Read from a few people that the OTG wasn't working. I have two bluetooth keyboards that link to the Lifebook and battery seems to be slow to drain so i don't think it's too much of a concern. I typed for about two hours and my battery was still in the 80s. I have that Microsoft fold in half keyboard with the Surface key travel and that works really well with it. The four fold zagg ultraportable works clean too and it holds the Likebook up at a good angle.

-Good questions for the grip. Could use two Gripzilas if you want to stay ultraportable or a plastic version of that Anker fold up stand would work if you need multiple angles and lightweight.
-I saw one for the Aura One which would be the screen area.
feelmaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 07:35 PM   #339
FastFingers
FastFingers began at the beginning.

Device: C67ML Carta 2
Got the device, formatted a 128GB Sandisk as part of internal memory without issues. Also getting rid of animations using Developer mode (press build number 5x times) helped. IIRC if a phone can take a 128GB card, it should be able to handle a 2TB Microsd without issues when those come out. It's a similar situation with my LG V20.

However, I cannot add my Google account yet. I try adding via Settings -> Accounts and Google Play Services keeps crashing. Build is 1.0.2-2018092813. Ideas? Do I use a Google play apk and force it into the sd card?

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIkQ...ature=youtu.be helped me find it. Basically I have to enable Google Frameworks in another buried menu. Crazy.

Last edited by FastFingers; 11-16-2018 at 07:49 PM.
FastFingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 11:19 AM   #340
muniek66
muniek66 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by feelmaroon View Post
Read from a few people that the OTG wasn't working. I have two bluetooth keyboards that link to the Lifebook and battery seems to be slow to drain so i don't think it's too much of a concern. I typed for about two hours and my battery was still in the 80s. I have that Microsoft fold in half keyboard with the Surface key travel and that works really well with it. The four fold zagg ultraportable works clean too and it holds the Likebook up at a good angle.

-Good questions for the grip. Could use two Gripzilas if you want to stay ultraportable or a plastic version of that Anker fold up stand would work if you need multiple angles and lightweight.
-I saw one for the Aura One which would be the screen area.

Many thanks for your reply!

Do you think that these protector will be fine for Likebook Mars?
muniek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 01:58 PM   #341
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Yes. I got that OTA update this morning as well. But I had already done the manual update, so Play Store already was working for me.
From where did you get the manual Update?
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 03:09 PM   #342
Vortex
Groupie
Vortex began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fduniho View Post
Using Notepad Free, I wrote a text file on my Likebook Mars. When I connected it to my computer, I could not find my text file. I copied and pasted the content to another text editor, but that didn't help. I then installed AndrOpen Office, pasted the content there, created a directory called Documents, and saved the file there. But when I connected to my computer, I could not see the Documents directory. So I disconnected, ran AndrOpen Office, loaded the file from the Documents directory, and saved it to the pre-existing Downloads directory. But when I connected to my computer again, I could not find my file. Why are files I write to my Likebook Mars not showing up when I connect it to my desktop? How can I access them when I plug my Likebook Mars into my Windows 7 computer?
Did you look in in the FileManager? I noticed the same behavior when I side-loaded the moon reader app file. I could see it from my computer but it didn't matter what folder I put it in on the Mars I couldn't see it from there. Only way was by looking in FileManager, I see in mine it lists the number of text files as 0, so it's probably intentionally hiding them like it is the apk files.
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 05:50 PM   #343
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
From where did you get the manual Update?
The manual update came from a link that the Amazon seller sent me. It was designed to expire within three days after I received it, so it's long gone now.

Who sold you the Likebook Mars? They should be able to send you a link.
downeaster59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 06:03 PM   #344
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Quote:
Did you look in in the FileManager? I noticed the same behavior when I side-loaded the moon reader app file. I could see it from my computer but it didn't matter what folder I put it in on the Mars I couldn't see it from there. Only way was by looking in FileManager, I see in mine it lists the number of text files as 0, so it's probably intentionally hiding them like it is the apk files.
You might try "Droidedit Free". I works for saming a file but you have to specify a folder first. Droidvim can save a file but cannot find it even tho one can go back to the file for more editing.

Droidedit is simple but there are "problems" with the e-ink which may be due to the screen setting of some sort which doesn't appear on a tablet.

For my setting, there are 2 "blank" lines above the text entry area. The 1st "blank" line has a dropdown menu about 1/3 or 1/4 of the way from the right side panel. The dropdown allows one to create/name a folder 1st before asking for create/name a file.

Regarding, Droidvim need to have more info as I tried save to a folder but so far, unsuccessful.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 11:01 PM   #345
fduniho
Addict

Quote:
No, you're describing the opposite behavior. I have not had a problem finding files that i copied from my computer to my Likebook Mars. My problem is that I want to transfer a file i created on my Likebook Mars to my computer, but when I plug the Likebook Mars into my computer and browse irs contents through Windows, the file I created does not show up..