Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-13-2018, 06:35 PM   #61
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I'm really not sure what the business model is for 1TB on an iPad. I'm sure there are a few cases, but I don't see where the need is wide spread. I guess we will see how well it sales.
Professional photography, for one:
http://austinmann.com/trek/ipad-pro-...rapher-iceland

Quote:
Go with max capacity if you can. If you’ve maxed out the display and still have budget, I always advise to get the most storage you can because you can’t upgrade it later. Making this choice now means you’ll have more storage later, and ultimately the device should last you longer.

I’ve been treating my iPad Pro as my A Drive and backing up to DJI CoPilot as the B Drive. This means I have a 1TB A Drive, and being able to carry my library around with me locally on iPad Pro is really nice.

Last edited by tomsem; 11-13-2018 at 06:37 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:55 PM   #62
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Makes sense
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 09:25 PM   #63
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Makes sense
Of course, everyone wants USB-C attached storage to show up in Files app and be read+write. And next they’ll want to attach network storage etc. Will have to wait to see if that happens.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:01 AM   #64
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Of course, everyone wants USB-C attached storage to show up in Files app and be read+write. And next they’ll want to attach network storage etc. Will have to wait to see if that happens.
Network storage is already possible. In fact people been using it to get around iOS’s storage limitations since before we even had iCloud, using apps like Goodreader and FileBrowser. The latter of which can connect to the Files app.

Last edited by Dylrob; 11-16-2018 at 12:16 AM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 07:24 AM   #65
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Network storage is already possible. In fact people been using it to get around iOS’s storage limitations since before we even had iCloud, using apps like Goodreader and FileBrowser. The latter of which can connect to the Files app.
Yep, you can pull up both iCloud and Dropbox files via the Files app. Quite a few apps support iCloud and/or Dropbox and have for a number of years.

It could be that he's talking about local network storage devices.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:12 AM   #66
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Yep, you can pull up both iCloud and Dropbox files via the Files app. Quite a few apps support iCloud and/or Dropbox and have for a number of years.

It could be that he's talking about local network storage devices.
Oh no, that’s what I’m saying; These apps can access local network storage as well as the cloud.

Last edited by Dylrob; 11-16-2018 at 10:16 AM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 11:13 AM   #67
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Oh no, that’s what I’m saying; These apps can access local network storage as well as the cloud.
I vaguely remember an app that would do that, access NFS mounted drives on an iPhone or iPad.

hum, some quick goggle action shows that there have been a number of apps. Here is a link that has some current apps that will work and how to do it.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/acces...les-from-ipad/
Old 11-16-2018, 04:45 PM   #68
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

I’d want to be able to mount a drive directly in Files (i.e. without a third party app).