Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #91
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
No this is different. There is numbers now on the letter keys and you hold them down then you get the number not the letter.

No more needing to touch the arrow key to switch to the number keys.
Those have been there since 6.1 I think. You hold down the upper letter keys and get a number typed instead. I'll look through the tips thread to see when I first reported them.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:13 PM   #92
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Those have been there since 6.1 I think. You hold down the upper letter keys and get a number typed instead. I'll look through the tips thread to see when I first reported them.
You're are right. I've looked at pics but I didn't have this. So could it be my Fire was defective and I didn't know it? 6.1 was the first update after we got the Fire correct?

Last edited by Blossom; 01-25-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #93
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
You're are right. I've looked at pics but I didn't have this. So could it be my Fire was defective and I didn't know it? 6.1 was the first update after we got the Fire correct?
Yep. Mine actually updated to 6.1 as soon as I turned it on after unpacking it. I cannot remember exactly when the numbers on the top row of letter keys first appeared, but they have been there a long time. If yours didn't have them then that might be indicative of a software (firmware?) conflict of some kind.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #94
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Yep. Mine actually updated to 6.1 as soon as I turned it on after unpacking it. I cannot remember exactly when the numbers on the top row of letter keys first appeared, but they have been there a long time. If yours didn't have them then that might be indicative of a software (firmware?) conflict of some kind.
I can't say for certain if they were there when I first got the device after 6.1 updated. I can say for certain they weren't there this last month. So I must of installed an app or something corrupted. I know in the beginning I installed quite a few. I am being much more careful now.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:42 PM   #95
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
I thought I saw the numbers before as well, but I wasn't certain..
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #96
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Ive seen the numbers before but something DID change on the keyboard with the new update
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #97
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Boy, I wish they would change the copy and paste! It is so lame. It frustrates me no end. My Sharp Zauruses handle this very well with a clipboard app in the task bar - you can EASILY highlight and copy anything.
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #98
Hope
Zealot
Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360 Plus, Kindle Fire, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Quote:
Make sure to uninstall Go! or anything like it before updating. I updated when 6.2.2 came out everything seems to go fine and I've used it since then without restarting just in sleep mode. Today when I went to restart my Fire it no longer works. Bad update? Go! the cause? I guess I'll never know. I do know from now I'll stick to leaving the UI of the Fire alone!
I have the latest version of Go Launcher installed with my own custom wallpaper and the update seems to have gone fine.
Of course, who knows, maybe I was in the Kindle Launcher when it updated or something.
Is there anyway to backup up and restore the whole Kindle if something goes wrong? With my Pocketbook 360+, I can just copy the whole shebang over to my PC and if something goes wrong just delete everything on the Pocketbook drive and copy the PC files back over. (I've actually had to do this once or twice.)
It worries me that i have no backup for this device.
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:38 AM   #99
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope View Post
I have the latest version of Go Launcher installed with my own custom wallpaper and the update seems to have gone fine.
Of course, who knows, maybe I was in the Kindle Launcher when it updated or something.
Is there anyway to backup up and restore the whole Kindle if something goes wrong? With my Pocketbook 360+, I can just copy the whole shebang over to my PC and if something goes wrong just delete everything on the Pocketbook drive and copy the PC files back over. (I've actually had to do this once or twice.)
It worries me that i have no backup for this device.
You can backup your apks and non amazon books. And there a backup app for Angry Birds but there isn't a way to backup everything unless you root. Still if your Fire gets stuck at boot like mine did there may be a way to fix it but it's very technical and goes over my head a bit.

My Problem is the tools used aren't really updated yet to even attempt to fix my old one.