Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-20-2018, 02:46 AM   #391
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
When I followed the link, I got this message:
"Thank you for your interest in this offer. Unfortunately, you are not eligible for this invitation-only offer."
I haven't tried it yet because I don't have $60 worth of stuff to order.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:47 AM   #392
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Maybe you're just starting to lose your touch in finding deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
Or maybe someone's been monkeying around with tubemonkey's deal finding software.
Old 12-20-2018, 02:52 AM   #393
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrant View Post
Daily Steals deal on Facebook (FB account required) just worked for me.
No tax (in my state) and free shipping. One only per FB account. Charcoal sold out but Heather Gray and Sandstone available. Just ordered Heather Gray for listening to Audible as my Googley devices don't do that.
Great price, if you do Facebook.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:02 AM   #394
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon -- exp unknown
Quote:
Official remote for Echo Plus, Echo (1st and 2nd generation), Echo Dot (1st, 2nd and 3rd generation), Echo Show (1st and 2nd generation) and Echo Spot. (Not compatible with Amazon Tap)
Old 12-20-2018, 08:03 AM   #395
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Great price, if you do Facebook.
There have been a ton of free things on Facebook over the years. So while the privacy concerns and other problems are legit, I’d recommend any deal creature have at least a blank/fake account for all the freebies.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 01:41 PM   #396
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Today is the last day to get Amazon orders in time for Christmas with Prime Free 2-Day Shipping

Quote:
If you’ve still got gifts to buy for Christmas, know that today is that last day to place an order with Prime Free 2-Day Shipping and still get the item in time for Christmas. Sunday, December 23rd is the last day to place On-Day shipping orders in time for Christmas, but there is a much smaller subset of Amazon items that qualify for One-Day shipping versus 2-Day shipping. Check your local Amazon holiday delivery deadlines here. The Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K on sale for $34.99 and the Fire TV Cube on sale for $69.99 are still in stock and will arrive before Christmas. The new 3rd-Gen Echo Dot is also still available and makes a great first Alexa device. One is on sale for $29.99, but you can still get a pair for $50. The Kids Edition Fire Tablets are also still on sale, starting at $69.99, but only select colors will arrive by Christmas.
Old 12-22-2018, 02:00 PM   #397
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Besides the above, I heard a brief statement on the radio that "regular mail will continue during the government shutdown, but not other things". So I don't know if packages are being delivered. I ought to know by the end of today, as I have a package they told me about yesterday, due to arrive today. We shall see.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 08:30 PM   #398
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Besides the above, I heard a brief statement on the radio that "regular mail will continue during the government shutdown, but not other things". So I don't know if packages are being delivered. I ought to know by the end of today, as I have a package they told me about yesterday, due to arrive today. We shall see.
NORAD to track Santa and USPS to deliver packages despite partial shutdown

Quote:
Not even a government shutdown can cancel Christmas for kids eagerly tracking his progress around the world and awaiting presents in the mail.
Quote:
Presents are also still on their way to children and families across the nation, according to the U.S. Postal Service.

In a tweet on Saturday, the postal service said it also would not be impacted by the government shutdown.

"All Post Offices will remain open for business. Because we are an independent entity that is funded through the sale of our products & services, and not by tax dollars, our services will not be impacted by a gov't shutdown," the service tweeted.
Old 12-26-2018, 05:18 PM   #399
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon Customers Made This Holiday Season Record-Breaking with More Items Ordered Worldwide Than Ever Before

Quote:
Customers purchased millions more Amazon Devices this holiday season compared to last year – the best-selling Amazon Devices this holiday included all-new Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick 4K with all-new Alexa Voice Remote, and Echo

This holiday season, millions of unique items in the U.S. shipped with Prime FREE Same-Day, Prime FREE One-Day or FREE two-hour delivery with Prime Now – the last Prime Now delivery on Christmas Eve was made at 11:30 pm in Berkeley, CA and included LEGO Super Heroes Captain America Building Kit, a Hallmark card, Greek yogurt, and shampoo

This holiday season, tens of millions of people worldwide started Prime free trials or began paid memberships, and in the U.S. alone, more than one billion items shipped for free this holiday with Prime

Small and medium-sized businesses had their best holiday season ever in our stores, with items sold growing at a faster rate than retail – more than 50 percent of items sold in our stores this holiday season came from small and medium-sized businesses
Quote:
SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 26, 2018-- (NASDAQ:AMZN) – Amazon today announced a record-breaking holiday season thanks to its customers all around the world, with more items ordered worldwide than ever before. Amazon customers shopped at record levels from a wide selection of products across every department, discovering top holiday gifts and trending products offered at deep discounts and low prices. Some of the best-selling products this season included, all-new Echo Dot, L.O.L. Surprise! Glam Glitter Series Doll, fashion items from Carhartt, and Bose QuietComfort Wireless Headphones, among others.

more...
Old 12-27-2018, 10:36 PM   #400
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Echo Dot (2nd Gen) $15

Link

Black or White available. These things are addictive! Love controlling my audible playback with voice on my $20 3rd Gen Dot so had to pick up a white 2nd Gen from this deal. Same conditions and warnings apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrant View Post
Daily Steals deal on Facebook (FB account required) just worked for me.
No tax (in my state) and free shipping. One only per FB account. Charcoal sold out but Heather Gray and Sandstone available. Just ordered Heather Gray for listening to Audible as my Googley devices don't do that. Ordered then cancelled the BF Amazon deal @ $25 - but this price is even better.

Link at Slickdeals.net

I used to buy stuff from Daily Steals a couple years back and they were OK to deal with. This deal is only through Facebook, it's not on their own website. Looks legit to me, but used Paypal for payment as it's easy to get refunded for shady deals.

Edit: Once transaction is confirmed, it's a good idea to go into your Facebook settings and REMOVE whatever payment method you used, as that is saved by default for future purchases. You know, just saying...

Last edited by ngrant; 12-27-2018 at 10:39 PM.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 06:16 PM   #401
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I just removed the sticky for this thread. Resume posting all hardware deals in the Tablets, eReaders, Media Players thread.

You can still post Black Friday experiences in this thread.

Oh, and Happy New Year, y'all

tm
Old 01-10-2019, 05:26 PM   #402
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post
Interesting. I felt just the same about Prime but dumped them a couple of years ago. I suppose at some point I'll do a month of prime (if they still do monthly) to catch up on shows I liked. I don't know what HULU package you got but I jumped on $.99 a month deal (usually $7.99 a month) for a year. It isn't at all what I thought it was. Don't get me wrong, still good value, but hulu has really changed.
Hulu announced Tuesday that its subscriber base jumped 48% in 2018. Median age = 32.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/hulu-...160249890.html
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote