Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-07-2022, 07:48 PM   #31
skybook
Enthusiast
skybook began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Not to my knowledge. I use the same font files I have used since 2019. They're TTF files too.

Perhaps you have a typo in your patch, a space where it shouldn't be or none where there should be? It's easy to make those mistakes.

Edit: apparently there are bugs with fonts in the latest firmware, especially in epubs. Do you have 4.31?
Oh yes, I have 4.31, so I guess I'll wait for kobo to update. Thanks for the help!
skybook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 04:44 AM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is anyone else having trouble with the Advanced Font Control patch?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2022, 05:16 AM   #33
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur
Carmelocotonto began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Clara HD, Onyxboox C67
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is anyone else having trouble with the Advanced Font Control patch?
It doesn't work well for me. The windows where "Lorem ....." appears have an appearance that does not match what you are modifying.
For example, with thickness, it always increases the thickness even if you ask it to decrease it (into the window). The result in the book is correct, but the presentation is wrong.
((I use patchs and I read kepubs only))
Carmelocotonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 09:07 AM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelocotonto View Post
It doesn't work well for me. The windows where "Lorem ....." appears have an appearance that does not match what you are modifying.
For example, with thickness, it always increases the thickness even if you ask it to decrease it (into the window). The result in the book is correct, but the presentation is wrong.
((I use patchs and I read kepubs only))
Can you give it a try with ePub?
Old 02-08-2022, 12:10 PM   #35
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur

Quote:
Can you give it a try with ePub?
Exactly the same thing happens.
Advert
Old 02-08-2022, 04:06 PM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Exactly the same thing happens.
Thanks. Does it work with the system fonts to adjust the weight?
Old 02-08-2022, 05:23 PM   #37
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur

Quote:
Thanks. Does it work with the system fonts to adjust the weight?
No, neither. It doesn't work with any font.
I have activated the patch "Enable advanced settings for all fonts"
Old 02-08-2022, 06:16 PM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
No, neither. It doesn't work with any font.
I have activated the patch "Enable advanced settings for all fonts"
Do any of the fonts you've previously upped the weight still show as you had it?
Old 02-09-2022, 02:46 AM   #39
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur

Quote:
Do any of the fonts you've previously upped the weight still show as you had it?
One moment. What doesn't work is the previous rendering, ie, the rendering of the font with the text "Lorem....". The changes that I make are reflected in the book without problem. I don't know if I explain it well.

Edit: without patches the same things happens. (only with system fonts, of course)

Last edited by Carmelocotonto; 02-09-2022 at 11:21 AM.
Old 02-10-2022, 12:56 PM   #40
skybook
Enthusiast
skybook began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Update: I ended up performing a factory reset, and manually installed 4.31 before patching. For whatever reason, this seems to have fixed my issue.

Thank you to everyone for the help!
skybook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 02:42 PM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
One moment. What doesn't work is the previous rendering, ie, the rendering of the font with the text "Lorem....". The changes that I make are reflected in the book without problem. I don't know if I explain it well.

Edit: without patches the same things happens. (only with system fonts, of course)
Thank you. That answers it perfectly.
Old 02-17-2022, 03:48 AM   #42
Sabex
Sabex began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Hi all,

How do I disable the Sickel timeout on my Kobo Aura? I've gone through all the YAML files and I can't see any reference to Sickel.

Thanks.
Sabex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 05:10 AM   #43
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabex View Post
I've gone through all the YAML files and I can't see any reference to Sickel.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...49&postcount=5

Must work. But I didn't check on FW 4.31. Try.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 02:46 PM   #44
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...49&postcount=5

Must work. But I didn't check on FW 4.31. Try.
Actually, according to davidfor, Kobo changed the timeout to 60 seconds a long time ago, so if those patches still work, they may make things worse since they're shorter.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 02:53 PM   #45
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabex View Post
Hi all,

How do I disable the Sickel timeout on my Kobo Aura? I've gone through all the YAML files and I can't see any reference to Sickel.

Thanks.
If you want to completely disable the sickel reboot, you could try flashing this mod. It's old but it still seems to work. It won't survive a firmware upgrade though, so you'll need to reflash it any time you update your software.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching