Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-24-2016, 10:55 AM   #1
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
Google Play - Get a $5 Credit on a Select Book (exp 3/3) [YMMV]

The Google Play store seems to be doing targeted (?) offers lately, so you may or may not see this offer.

I first heard about it at Slickdeals on 2/20, but it didn't show up for me until today.

To see if you qualify for the credit, go to the Books page. If you have the offer, there should be a banner at the top which you click to add the $5 credit to your account

Here is the page with the eligible books:
https://play.google.com/store/books/...561_4377746196

Quote:
Limited-time offer

Get a $5 Credit on a Select Book

Romance, comedy, action--we have it all in the Play Books store. For a limited time, get a $5 credit towards the price of one book from the selection below. Your $5 credit will be applied at the payment screen. Redeem and use your offer by March 3, 2016 on Google Play from compatible Internet connected devices using a Google account. Your discount will be applied at checkout.

Limit 1 per user. Nontransferable. No cash value. Valid in US. Cannot be used in conjunction with other offers or discounts, except Google Play Credits. Age restrictions apply. See Google Play Terms & Conditions and Google Play Promotional Balance Terms.
Here are the eligible titles:
  • The Martian: A Novel Andy Weir $8.99
  • The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine (movie tie-in) (Movie Tie-in Editions) Michael Lewis $15.95 $8.70
  • The Revenant: A Novel of Revenge Michael Punke $9.99
  • Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe Cullen Bunn $6.99
  • 13 Hours: The Inside Account of What Really Happened In Benghazi MItchell Zuckoff $11.99
  • Carol (Movie Tie-In) (Movie Tie-in Editions) Patricia Highsmith $14.95 $9.45
  • Brooklyn: A Novel Colm Toibin $10.99
  • Fight Club: A Novel Chuck Palahniuk $14.95 $9.99
  • The Fault in Our Stars John Green $9.99
  • Batman vs. Superman: The Greatest Battles Geoff Johns $9.99
  • Divergent Veronica Roth $6.99
  • X-Men: The Complete Age of Apocalypse Epic Book 1 Warren Ellis $14.99 $9.99
  • Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy E L James $5.99
  • Black Hawk Down: A Story of Modern War Mark Bowden $16.00 $9.99
  • American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History Chris Kyle $9.99
  • Charlie Wilson's War: The Extraordinary Story of How the Wildest Man in Congress and a Rogue CIA Agent Changed the History George Crile $16.00 $9.99
  • The 5th Wave: Volume 1 Rick Yancey $9.99
  • A Clockwork Orange Anthony Burgess $14.95 $8.02
  • Me Before You: A Novel Jojo Moyes $11.99
  • Captain America: The Death of Captain America Vol. 1 - Death of the Dream Vol 1, #25-30 $10.99 $8.79
  • Zoo James Patterson $8.99
  • How to Be Single: A Novel Liz Tuccillo $7.99 $6.99
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid Jeff Kinney $13.95 $7.95
  • The Force Awakens (Star Wars) Alan Dean Foster $13.99
  • Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game Michael Lewis $15.95 $8.74
  • A Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book One George R. R. Martin $6.99
  • The Danish Girl David Ebershoff $11.99
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye Vol 1, #1-6 $8.99 $8.07
  • The Isle of the Lost: A Descendants Novel Melissa de la Cruz $17.99 $9.17
  • Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail Cheryl Strayed $9.99
  • City of Lost Souls Cassandra Clare $10.99
  • Steve Jobs Walter Isaacson $12.99
  • Cold Mountain: A Novel Charles Frazier $16.00 $10.49
  • Ender's Game Orson Scott Card $7.99
  • Max: Best Friend. Hero. Marine. Jennifer Li Shotz $6.99
  • The Choice Nicholas Sparks $7.99
  • Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption Laura Hillenbrand $11.99
  • Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children Ransom Riggs $10.99
  • The Hunger Games: Volume 1 Suzanne Collins $12.99
  • Gone Girl: A Novel Gillian Flynn $9.99
  • The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, Book One) James Dashner $7.99
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 12:56 PM   #2
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I see the banner at the top of the link for the page with the eligible books. I thought I didn't qualify because it's not on your first link.

Thanks!
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2016, 05:51 PM   #3
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I see the banner at the top of the link for the page with the eligible books. I thought I didn't qualify because it's not on your first link.

Thanks!
That's odd, but they've been playing around with the placement of these offers lately. Sometimes they're on the "Entertainment" page, sometimes on the main category (Music, Books, etc.) page, sometimes at the top, sometimes partway down the page, etc. Not sure what they're up to.

I forgot to mention, anytime you want to check to see what offers you've added to your Google Play account, you can go to https://play.google.com/store/account and check under Rewards. There should be a link to take you to the offer page with the terms and any related titles.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:14 PM   #4
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
I think that I'm going to have to paint a bullseye on myself 'cause I never seem to get any of these "targeted" offers. ha
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 06:41 PM   #5
bookmarked
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I think that I'm going to have to paint a bullseye on myself 'cause I never seem to get any of these "targeted" offers. ha
I have two Google accounts - one for personal stuff and one for business stuff. I never buy anything from Google Play on the business account and lately I haven't been getting any of these offers on that account.

If you haven't bought anything from the Play store on your account, you might try adding some free music, books, and videos to see if they start showing you offers.

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I usually see the offers in the Play Store app rather than the website, but that could be coincidence.
Advert