Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-18-2014, 05:27 PM   #1
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Google Play Book location...

When I download a book from google play to my phone/tablet, does anyone know where that file is stored?!

Please and

I have Android 4.0 and 4.3 if that matters
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:54 AM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
When I download a book from google play to my phone/tablet, does anyone know where that file is stored?!

Please and

I have Android 4.0 and 4.3 if that matters
On my Nexus 7B Google Play Books seem to all be stored deep down in the /data directory in a directory that has the same name as my Google email login name that I used when I purchased the books. Books that you have access to but have not actually downloaded will just have their covers stored in that area. FWIW the book itself is not stored as an EPUB but as an assortment of separate files that do not seem to resemble the contents of a normal EPUB archive. IOW it is probably not worth your time trying to dig a book out Google Play Books local storage. Probably someone else knows a lot more than I do, but that is what I discovered after doing a bit of searching after seeing your question.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2014, 06:11 AM   #3
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
If you're trying to read the book in another application, it would probably be simpler to go to Google Play on the web and download the ePub from there.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:38 AM   #4
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
What Graham said.

Just sign in and access 'My Books' on Google Play. Click on the menu icon (three dots) found on the book. Choose 'Download EPUB'. You're going to need Adobe Digital Editions Desktop Reader installed to open the downloaded book.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:51 PM   #5
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
On my Nexus 7B Google Play Books seem to all be stored deep down in the /data directory in a directory that has the same name as my Google email login name that I used when I purchased the books. Books that you have access to but have not actually downloaded will just have their covers stored in that area. FWIW the book itself is not stored as an EPUB but as an assortment of separate files that do not seem to resemble the contents of a normal EPUB archive. IOW it is probably not worth your time trying to dig a book out Google Play Books local storage. Probably someone else knows a lot more than I do, but that is what I discovered after doing a bit of searching after seeing your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
If you're trying to read the book in another application, it would probably be simpler to go to Google Play on the web and download the ePub from there.

Graham
but that was the problem...the GP site claims this book can be downloaded via the web, but when I do, i get 404 errors (for this and a few others). They are working on it slowly, but thought if I downloaded it to the device i may be able to access it quicker than waiting for them to resolve the issue

Thanks again all for your responses.
Advert
Old 03-20-2014, 01:10 AM   #6
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
http://www.ebook-converter.com/148-h...play-ebook.htm

You could try this tutorial
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:19 PM   #7
gabby98
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Thanks, but that's the process I am following. It's the download button. It provides a 404 error that GP is 'working on' but its taking a while apparently.