Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-25-2013, 12:34 AM   #1
tesseraye
tesseraye began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Emails are in GMT Format?

Hey guys, I just set up calibre to email my kindle pw through gmail and I'm not sure why but the time stamp is set to GMT instead of my local time zone. Is there a way to change this?

Ex: Dear Customer,

Your message to ************@kindle.com, sent at 03:56 AM on Fri, Oct 25, 2013 GMT did not include any attached documents or image files.

It's really annoying when I open my kindle and the latest issue of the times is dated the 25th of October when it's really the 24th.
tesseraye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:18 AM   #2
faltradl
Guru
faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faltradl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch
GMT ist right for email. That's the only way to show everywhere the right time. The Mailclients transform it to the local time zone. OK, somtimes the local time ist used, but then you can read something like GMT+2.

That's nothing new. Ships, planes and shortwave-radio use GMT too. (In old texts you will find UTC oder greenwich time.)
faltradl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert