Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-28-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
mickeyfinn
Banned
mickeyfinn will become famous soon enoughmickeyfinn will become famous soon enoughmickeyfinn will become famous soon enoughmickeyfinn will become famous soon enoughmickeyfinn will become famous soon enoughmickeyfinn will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Anyone here using the Coby Kyros MID7015?

I know a lot of people turn up their figurative noses at any android/tablet/ that retails for less than $500 or so.

But I keep coming across snippets here and there concerning the Coby Kyros MID7015. They usually begin with something like, "This device isn't an Ipad but it doesn't cost $500 either and it does a decent job for the money ($150 or less)."

Kias and Hyundais aren't luxury cars but they are improving and ultimately they get you where you want to go.

Have any MobileReaders owned one of these long enough to provide and in-depth review of the thing or does anyone here know where I can go to read up on it a bit? There doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there on it right now.

Thanks.

Last edited by mickeyfinn; 03-28-2011 at 10:21 PM.
mickeyfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:23 PM   #2
mickeyfinn
Banned
mickeyfinn will become famous soon enoughmickeyfinn will become famous soon enoughmickeyfinn will become famous soon enoughmickeyfinn will become famous soon enoughmickeyfinn will become famous soon enoughmickeyfinn will become famous soon enough

Guess not. Anyone know of a forum where poor folks like me could go to ask how the Coby Kyros 7015 is as an ereader etc?

Thanks.
Advert
Old 03-28-2011, 11:27 PM   #3
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
slatedroid caters to inexpensive android tablets. there's a dude on here sometimes named Tipstir that has a site and messed with some Cobys for a while. I bet he might have built some firmware. Google him
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:30 PM   #4
mickeyfinn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
slatedroid caters to inexpensive android tablets. there's a dude on here sometimes named Tipstir that has a site and messed with some Cobys for a while. I bet he might have built some firmware. Google him
Just what I was looking for.

Thank you.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:29 PM   #5
Cheeky1
A Happy Pelican
Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad Air, iPhone 5s, Kindle Fire HD, Google Nexus 7
You should take a look at the tablet everyone is talking about in this thread.....

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=123208

It's a craig tablet and from the looks of this thread, they have done some great things! It's $99 and can be easily returned to the store if you have any problems. One of the members Bhartman, is awesome and I'm sure he will help you with any questions you may have or if you want to install a a new ROM.

Good luck!
Cheeky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #6
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

Device: 7015A, CM738A, 7015, M150, A7, A32, Next3, PDN 7"/9", GT78, ePad
Yes at The Android Tablet Zone we do have Coby with HoneyComb type of ROM I've came up with go here The 7015 suffers from 3D graphics not that great and only slightly better than CMP738A which only thing going for that is the CPU can reach 1GHz and the 7015 peaked is 720MHz. But Coby has 7024 to replace the 7015 and the soon to be released 7026 to replace the 7024. Funny how Low cost Audio Electronic Companies are selling low cost tablet's now! Augen started in 2010, followed by CobyUSA and now Craig Electronics. CS (customer service) is weak although Craig CEO keeps telling me his CS is stronger based. Time will have to tell?

7" tablet with 800x600 4:3 is better for reading stuff on the internet, newspapers, books and mags Then on 7" tablet with 800x480 @ 16.9 you loose the extra VIS visual image size.

Last edited by tipstir; 04-01-2011 at 04:11 PM.
tipstir is offline   Reply With Quote