Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-26-2024, 12:13 PM   #16
Jane Eyre
Zealot
Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle P.white3/Kobo Clara 2E
Hi! The charger's here, but It can't recharge both kobo and kindle because one USB in is mini... both ereaders have standard USB in..
If only I had been aware of that, I would not have purchased it.
And about the energy, USB-C output 5.0V=3.0A
Is it not too much?
My phone adapater is 5V=2A.

I think I ship it back.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	carcatore1.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	207166  
Jane Eyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 12:37 PM   #17
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Eyre View Post
Hi!
And about the energy, USB-C output 5.0V=3.0A
Is it not too much?
My phone adapater is 5V=2A.

I think I ship it back.
The ereader won't take more then it can, no problem there.
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 12:39 PM   #18
Jane Eyre
Zealot
Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.Jane Eyre got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post
The ereader won't take more then it can, no problem there.
Ok, but the mini USB is no use. I'm sending back.
Old 03-26-2024, 01:47 PM   #19
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
It is probably a USB-C, not a mini. Might help for the next purchase.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 02:08 PM   #20
deleted2
Member Retired
deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deleted2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Your old Kindle is still on a mini USB. And the new Clara has a USB-C. It depends if the charger in only USB-C. Some are USB-A or both. Then you can have one cable that is USB-C at one hand and USB-A at the other. Same with the mini USB.

Read the specs carefully!
deleted2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 03:01 PM   #21
Jane Eyre
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_C View Post
Read the specs carefully!
That's right. But, both my old kindle and the new Clara have their original cables USB-A to USB mini (A for Kindle, type C the other). That plug on its top has just one USB-A than, I couldn't use it to charge both ereaders at the same time.
Old 03-26-2024, 03:12 PM   #22
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
You can get a USB-C to USB-C cable to charge the new Clara.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 05:53 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The charger has a USB-C and a USB-A port. You just need a USB-C to USB-C cable to charge your Kobo.

Here is a UGREEN 1meter USB-C to USB-C braided cable for just under 6 euros with 15% off.

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07PLSDPYN
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 02:29 AM   #24
Jane Eyre
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The charger has a USB-C and a USB-A port. You just need a USB-C to USB-C cable to charge your Kobo.

Here is a UGREEN 1meter USB-C to USB-C braided cable for just under 6 euros with 15% off.

https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07PLSDPYN
No, more money...
Old 03-27-2024, 11:19 AM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No, more money...
You can charge one device at a time until you are able to get a USB-C to USB-C cable.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM   #26
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You can charge one device at a time until you are able to get a USB-C to USB-C cable.

I think she's not spending more. See determined expression?
Old 03-27-2024, 07:17 PM   #27
Jane Eyre
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post

I think she's not spending more. See determined expression?
ah ah...please, go ahead fooling me around. I need to be careful with spending my money.
Old 03-27-2024, 07:20 PM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
ah ah...please, go ahead fooling me around. I need to be careful with spending my money.
Maybe you know someone who has a spare usb-c to usb-c cable. It is a shame that the Libra 2 came with the wrong type of USB-C cable. It should have been C-C instead of A-C.
Old 03-27-2024, 07:32 PM   #29
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Maybe you know someone who has a spare usb-c to usb-c cable. It is a shame that the Libra 2 came with the wrong type of USB-C cable. It should have been C-C instead of A-C.
It's entirely possible that unlike some of us, @Jane Eyre does not have have a box filled with USB cables and adapters. As for the choice of a USB-A to USB-C cable, when Kobo first started shipping ereaders with USB-C connectors, there were probably a lot more computers and chargers with USB-A ports only so the A to C cable made sense.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 05:52 AM   #30
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
No, A-C is still more useful. Also some fast chargers for USB-C devices (such as Qualcomm up to 20V) use a USB-A socket and 2.0 cable.
Almost all car adaptors and chargers in Retail here are USB-A sockets.

Many laptops and PCs have only one or no USB-C sockets.

Also cheap USB-C plug to USB-A socket adaptors exist for OTG, but they do work for charging.