Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-04-2011, 05:56 PM   #16
skyline
Enthusiast
skyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Ziguezon you might want to update your information and support the topic you started. It seems to me like you re expecting others to do the job for you and you can't even spare a "thank you" for that.
skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:25 PM   #17
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
I'm torn between the eee Transformer, an ipad 2, and the Galaxy Tab 10.1. I had to sell my beloved nook color to buy a new device with a larger screen (long story, researching and piloting a program at work).

The thing is, I need something soon. The ipad 2 is sold out everywhere, the Galaxy Tab is 2 months away, and I have no idea when the Asus is coming to America (although it seems it will be soon).

There are pros and cons to all three devices. I really want an IPS screen (like my nook color had), so that probably eliminates the Samsung. Still, I want to keep an open mind.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:01 PM   #18
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I'm interested! The XOOM has moved a notch down on my end-of-year wish list.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:51 PM   #19
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I'm interested! The XOOM has moved a notch down on my end-of-year wish list.
I played with the XOOM for a long time at Best Buy (my kids couldn't wait for me to stop) and I came away unimpressed. I just didn't like the build quality, and it felt unbalanced in my hands, especially in portrait mode (which I prefer). I think it is way overpriced too, considering the competition from Samsung and Asus.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #20
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis
Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline View Post
Ziguezon you might want to update your information and support the topic you started. It seems to me like you re expecting others to do the job for you and you can't even spare a "thank you" for that.
The topic I started is about the release date and pricing that I saw listed at amazon.ca (ca as in Canada). As far as I know, there have not been any updates to Amazon's Canadian site regarding the Asus eee Transformer.

However, I don't mind if others wish to discuss other aspects of the eee Transformer on this thread. There is also the option of starting a separate, more generic thread for the Transformer, if that is what you prefer.
Ziguezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:10 AM   #21
Ziguezon
Ogg Vorbis
Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ziguezon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
I'm torn between the eee Transformer, an ipad 2, and the Galaxy Tab 10.1. I had to sell my beloved nook color to buy a new device with a larger screen (long story, researching and piloting a program at work).

The thing is, I need something soon. The ipad 2 is sold out everywhere, the Galaxy Tab is 2 months away, and I have no idea when the Asus is coming to America (although it seems it will be soon).

There are pros and cons to all three devices. I really want an IPS screen (like my nook color had), so that probably eliminates the Samsung. Still, I want to keep an open mind.
I understand your dilemma. For the most part, all of the current tablets are very similar, especially the ones running Honeycomb. Yet they each have a little something that makes me say "ooh... I want that".
Ziguezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:46 PM   #22
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post

So far the rumors seem to strongly point to a mid April for the Asus. Samsung I think is going to be late Spring early Summer,
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #23
tipstir
Coby MID7015 Tablet Guru
tipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-bookstipstir has learned how to read e-books

Device: 7015A, CM738A, 7015, M150, A7, A32, Next3, PDN 7"/9", GT78, ePad
You could had your Xoom for $174 with free shipping from HSN to try out for 30 days than after the 30 days you have 3 more months of $174 to pay it off your $799 bill. For me to jump on that deal was to order online, pay no tax and get the shipping free only the past weekend had that deal. Again $799 is pretty high for a tablet. Nook panel is excellent! Coby 7015 panel is glossy and not bad. Some Radio Shack stores who had carried are not on clearance yellow tag for $99 bucks. Hard to find though.
tipstir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android tablet, asus eee