Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-29-2011, 04:55 AM   #1
slainte
Zealot
slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
samsung galaxy tab - disabling phone

Hi
I have a samsung galaxy tab. I live in ireland and have a 3g packet. I do not want to use it to make calls just to access internet. I want to use skype but when I tried it used the phone instead which costs more. So I want to be able to disable the phone from making calls but keep the internet part.

Thanks in advance
slainte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:11 AM   #2
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
If the SIM in the Galaxy Tab is only used in that one device and is not on a data-only tariff you could try contacting you provider and get them to put a voice bar on the subscription. That will prevent it from using the mobile network from making voice calls.

If on the other hand you want to disable the voice dialing program on the Tab itself, I don't think you can as it's a core function of the tablet.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote