Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-11-2006, 05:59 AM   #1
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
Question any americans that would be willing to help?

I've caved: I wants a Sony Reader now. However, being in the Netherlands doesn't make it easy. I've seen it on eBay but the people willing to ship it overseas sell it rather expensively (or perhaps there are more bidders driving the price up - whatever, it's too dear for me). So are there any nice Americans out there that are willing to help me out?

They offer free shipping for the holidays so I suppose this is a good moment to go for it....
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 06:36 AM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Check http://www.bhphotovideo.com/. Apparently they can send Readers abroad.
This thread has more info about other options.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2006, 02:30 AM   #3
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
Thumbs up Thanks

I will give them a go! Thanks for the tip.

Unfortunately I'm away for a couple of days and won't have a chance to order until next weekend. I'm worried Sony'll get wind of these people and tell them to stop shipping the Reader overseas....that'd suck. So sssshhhhhhttt everybody...don't say it too loud in these forums
grimo1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:52 PM   #4
randyman
Enthusiast
randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.randyman shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Now, iPad!
Though I've only used them for domestic orders, I just have to say that B&H Photo/Video has an absolutely rock solid rep. They're no fly-by-night NYC dealer, and they've always taken good care of me and anyone I know.

I have no personal affiliation with them, but recommend them highly. And by the way, they are an official Sony dealer - I got two video cameras, including a pro HD cam, through them, and other Sony goods as well.

Last edited by randyman; 12-13-2006 at 12:54 PM.
randyman is offline   Reply With Quote