Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-12-2008, 08:57 AM   #1
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Mary Roach fans?

Her books look fascinating, has anyone read any of them? Bonk, Spook, Stiff... I'd love to hear what you thought of any of them.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:05 AM   #2
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
Her books look fascinating, has anyone read any of them? Bonk, Spook, Stiff... I'd love to hear what you thought of any of them.
Oh, dear. When Queen Zee googles "Mary Roach" and clicks on her website she is going to be none too happy with you, boyo...err, androido.

I do follow any recommendations with interest though. They do look, as you say, fascinating.

Stiff, Bonk, Spook. It sounds like my long-past, teenage deflowering.

Cheers,
Marc (I was such a pretty little girl...well, except for the penis)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2008, 09:08 AM   #3
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Her artistic curiosity should trump her squeamishness.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:28 AM   #4
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Her artistic curiosity should trump her squeamishness.
I should hope so. It is worth it.

There is a book along similar lines as these about all the oddities of animal reproduction (that is, sex), however I can never recall its name. Unfortunately typing "animal sex" into Google is an exercise in "AGGHHH! I WANT TO SCRUB MY EYES WITH A WIRE BRUSH", and so I usually give up looking for a bit, before curiosity (about the book) brings me back to a Google search.

Perhaps it'll be listed on the New Scientist website...

Well, by crikey, I found it!

It's Dr Tatiana's Sex Advice to All Creation by Olivia Judson and there is even a dedicated website. "Do your genitals explode?" indeed.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 05-12-2008, 09:38 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
"Hungarian Phrasebook" Monty Python sketch, anyone?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2008, 09:41 AM   #6
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
"Hungarian Phrasebook" Monty Python sketch, anyone?
Oh, I sure do. It was a great read. My nipples exploded with delight.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 05-12-2008, 09:42 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
But is your hovercraft full of eels? That's the question we're all asking!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:45 AM   #8
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
But is your hovercraft full of eels? That's the question we're all asking!
No, sorry I don't smoke.

Cheers,
Marc (bouncy bouncy)
Old 05-12-2008, 10:23 AM   #9
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
I will not buy this record, it is scratched.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:25 AM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

and also, what is up with the creepy crawly exoskeletal content overload around here lately ??? sheesh !! at least this one wasn't as bad as some of the other stuff certain people (*cough*marc*cough*) have dredged up out of the horrfying deep (where it all belongs, and should stay).
Old 05-12-2008, 10:27 AM   #11
zelda_pinwheel

you're right about my artistic curiosity though. although most people don't bother to qualify it (except maybe by calling it "boundless" or "unmitigated").
Old 05-12-2008, 10:27 AM   #12
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

STOP IT RIGHT NOW. Do you see any U.S. tags on this thread? At least give the saner segments of this site a chance to respond before you the thread completely. Time to register that second username, I guess.

:emotifaction:

Mary Roach. Worth the read and the non-ebook availability?

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 05-12-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:30 AM   #13
zelda_pinwheel

well, personally, so far i don't even want to know what Stiff is about (i mean that literally. don't tell me), but the other two look good. i'm reading the excerpts.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:01 PM   #14
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
STOP IT RIGHT NOW. Do you see any U.S. tags on this thread? ...
Oh, waaa, waaa. Go play with your baby-car, android-boy!

Quote:
:emotifaction:

Mary Roach. Worth the read and the non-ebook availability?
See, I reckon that the answer's "Yes". They're either going to be a bit "glossy" held together with some very stimulating facts, or their humour is going to that type which you think just skims the surface of the deep, until suddenly she reminds you that every stone that skims must also sink (hmmm, I wrote a poem a bit like that once...I think I just plagiarised myself).

Just buy the bloody things! Then you can read them and tell me what they're like (see, I don't want to waste my money if they're no good).

Cheers,
Marc

Last edited by montsnmags; 05-12-2008 at 08:05 PM.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:33 PM   #15
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

By coincidence, this posted today in the New Scientist blog:

http://www.newscientist.com/channel/...ce-of-sex.html

Cheers,
Marc