Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-19-2007, 09:42 PM   #1
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle 2021, Ipad Pro, iPhone Pro
Possible way to organize your Music on your Reader...

I was talking to a friend about how the Reader just places all music files into one folder with no way to sort or organize the files. He has an MP3 player that does the same. He suggested to me a free software solution called MakeItOne. It's a program that takes all tracks you designate and makes "One" MP3.

If you want to Google it, you can type in Make It One MP3 and see all the results. I have included it here for download. I cannot guarantee it personally, but have tried it on Windows Vista and it worked for me.

Hope this Helps!
Seth, SolitaryWolf
San Francisco
Attached Files
File Type: zip MakeitOne-MP3AlbumMaker205.zip (220.1 KB, 302 views)
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:40 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Seriously, why would you want all your MP3 on your player to be one file?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2007, 02:39 AM   #3
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle 2021, Ipad Pro, iPhone Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Seriously, why would you want all your MP3 on your player to be one file?
If I wanted to listen to a certain group or theme of music, I don't want to have to be listening to say AC/DC one minute and then afterwards be listening to say The Sound of Music the next. I prefer my music to be themed. I currently have about 100 mp3 files on the Reader and I found it disappointing to have to listen to them in the order the Reader designates.

This way I can have each MP3 be themed. I can list them per Album instead of per song.

-Seth,
San Francisco
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:08 AM   #4
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I join MP3 files myself for the purpose of audiobooks - on my Treo, Pocket Tunes doesn't bookmark well when the book is multiple files, but it works great when it's a single file.

If you don't care about the metadata, you can even just use a DOS command to combine everything in a folder. I posted it here somewhere, but can't find it at the moment. Wait... here it is - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=15
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:26 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
That was my first thought too, Bob, I've downloaded some audiobooks from Gutenberg that came as multiple MP3 files, and slapping them into a single one would be easier to manage, and would relieve my lingering doubts about the files playing in the right order (I know it does that, but I still worry, it's one of those irrational things. )
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert