Old 03-02-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
vitalichka
Enthusiast
vitalichka began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Calibre loads books into Root of SD card, help please

Hi everyone, a quick question here.
I use a Nook Color with a 4GB SD card.
When I load books onto the SD using Calibre, it creates folders and copies the files from the library directly onto the root directory. This is odd because there is a folder structure on the SD and if I move a ton of books it simply clogs everything up since I also have apps and other stuff on the SD card.

Is this normal? And is there a way to get Calibre to load books into a specific folder?

Thanks
vitalichka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:44 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Putting books into the root of the SD card on the Nook is the default.

However, you can specify a directory to put all books in when Sending books to the device: Preferences, Sending books to device, save template. Use / as a path separator. So if you want to have everything in ebooks then change the template to:

Code:
ebooks/{author_sort}/{title}
Note: This will also put the books into ebooks/... in the main memory too.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2011, 10:29 PM   #3
vitalichka
Enthusiast

Oh I see. Thanks for the help.
I think I want to avoid duplicates in terms of going into SD and main memory.

Thanks again.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:49 AM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalichka View Post
I think I want to avoid duplicates in terms of going into SD and main memory.
You misunderstand. It won't cause the same book to be sent to both the main memory and the SD card. The save template is used when sending to either. So if you change the temple it will change it for both but the book will only be sent to the location you specify.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 06:47 PM   #5
vitalichka
Enthusiast

Oh I see, well that's a different story. I did misunderstand. Thanks for the correction. Will do ASAP.
Advert