Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-13-2010, 10:08 AM   #16
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
So this is what *should* be happening in Calibre to transfer books over (on Windows anyway). You plug in your Kobo, in a couple seconds you should see the Calibre jobs icon at the bottom right start spinning as it detects the device, and then what books on it. A Reader icon will appear beside your Library icon near the top left. You can then select books from your library and use the 'send to device' button to transfer them over. Once the transfer is done, you should see them in the list if you click on the Reader icon.

Where in this process are you hitting trouble? are the books in ePub format?
Alright when I plug in my Kobo Calibre job's icon spins, it doesn't tell me what books are on it, but it does say how much space is left on the Kobo right next to the blue box that tells me how many ebooks are in my library.

I've tried to use the button to send to device, and it says it's doing it but when I unplug the books aren't there.

Yes the books are in epub format.
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:21 AM   #17
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Can you click on the Jobs icon, display the details and paste the output here please

In the meantime, you can manually toss books on. In Calibre press 'O' when you have a book highlighted, and it will take you to the directory where the epub is. Just copy and paste the .epub onto the Kobo (you can put it anywhere).

Last edited by Stinger; 05-13-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:36 AM   #18
Bittybye
Addict
Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bittybye ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
Can you click on the Jobs icon, display the details and paste the output here please

In the meantime, you can manually toss books on. In Calibre press 'O' when you have a book highlighted, and it will take you to the directory where the epub is. Just copy and paste the .epub onto the Kobo (you can put it anywhere).
I tried again, but this time only 3 of the 10 books I tried to put on appeared. This time when I plugged in the Kobo the ebook folder appeared.

Edit: It only says no details available.

2nd Edit: I think I found the problem on a different thread. Some people have said that a single book an cause a problem and few if any have actually show up. I guess I have to do this one by one before I can find out which books is causing the problem.

Last edited by Bittybye; 05-13-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Bittybye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:36 PM   #19
FrankKau
FrankKau began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Stanza worked better for me in terms of getting the format to work nicely even when converting pdfs to epub. I doesn't do batch however, and I wish it would let you manually edit the finished product. Also any photos in the pdf are left out. Calibre gave me format problems no matter what I did.
FrankKau is offline   Reply With Quote