Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-15-2017, 08:39 PM   #1
DorianaGraye
DorianaGraye began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Trouble with Kobo Customer Support

So, after tons of research and video watching and agonizing, I've decided that my KA1 has a defective LED bar/screen. (I have HUGE green ghosting at the bottom of my screen. It seems...probably not okay.)

But now I'm having major issues with Kobo customer support. They're asking for pictures (which I sent) and "elevating" the matter. Apparently it will take up to 48 hours before I can be approved to return the device, even though I ordered it from Kobo.com less than 30 days ago.

Has anyone else experienced this with customer support? Is this pretty normal? (I'm used to dealing with places like Apple that are really good about swapping out problematic devices.)
DorianaGraye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 05:22 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I found Kobo support terrible.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:22 PM   #3
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
This is Kobo's standard response. You may even be lucky as I suspect their more usual response following you sending screenshots is to send you a form email saying it's your fault and your problem. Stick with it, and don't take no for an answer.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:19 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
This is why in EU and some other countries the SOGA is important. Apple was fined in Italy because the SOGA is two years minimum, yet Apple was selling "Insurance" for the 2nd year that barely covered more than manufacturing defects.
This is why if there is little difference, I buy off a local retailer, though often after 2weeks to 3 months they have to be threatened with small claims court as most try to deny the MINIMUM two year liability under SOGA. This includes product not matching advertising, not just faults. Even if NOT faulty and matching Adverts, anything not fit for purpose has to be refunded.
There is a liability for up to six years on some products and the retailer may also be liable for any additional costs.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:54 AM   #5
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianaGraye View Post
So, after tons of research and video watching and agonizing, I've decided that my KA1 has a defective LED bar/screen. (I have HUGE green ghosting at the bottom of my screen. It seems...probably not okay.)

But now I'm having major issues with Kobo customer support. They're asking for pictures (which I sent) and "elevating" the matter. Apparently it will take up to 48 hours before I can be approved to return the device, even though I ordered it from Kobo.com less than 30 days ago.

Has anyone else experienced this with customer support? Is this pretty normal? (I'm used to dealing with places like Apple that are really good about swapping out problematic devices.)
Kobo support is appalling. I bought a Kobo ereader direct from them once which turned out to be faulty. I did eventually get a refund after I returned it but it took about a month from start to finish. I'd never buy an ereader from them again.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote