Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-26-2014, 02:52 PM   #1
rdmx
rdmx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Calibre issues with Paperwhite

HELP! Ok so I have some files on my computer (windows 8) I am using CALIBRE to convert formats, obtain covers and make it nice and organized. So I convert via CALIBRE. but when I go to send to device it isnt sent. the book is not sent to my Kindle (paperwhite)

What am I doing wrong????
rdmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:46 PM   #2
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
@rdmx-
First thing to check is if you are set up to send the appropriate file type to your device. With your PW connected to your computer and Calibre open, click the down arrow next to the device icon in Calibre (or right click the device icon) and see if you have the appropriate file types selected and in the proper order that you want them sent...
If this isn't the problem, try posting in the Calibre forum.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2014, 03:49 PM   #3
rdmx

yep. set to MOBI. Ill try finding the calibre forum. thanks
Old 04-26-2014, 03:53 PM   #4
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmx View Post
yep. set to MOBI. Ill try finding the calibre forum. thanks
Also, it may be that your PW is indexing a book file...if that is the case any subsequent books will not show as being on your device (though you may see them on the device when looking with windows). Are you sure the files are not being sent?

Also, if you do post in the Calibre forum, request a Moderator merge/move this thread there so you won't get picked on for cross posting.

Last edited by GoSharks; 04-26-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:08 PM   #5
rdmx

well I see them in my the file when Kindle is plugged in. I click on Kindle and it is there. Indexing a book file... whats that mean?
How do I contact a mod?
Advert
Old 04-26-2014, 04:16 PM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Do not post calibre questions in the General Discussion forum. The General Discussion forum is for "...discussions about e-book reading not specific to a device, software or format."

Take the time now to review our posting guidelines and look over our site, and then post responsibly, please.

Your thread has been moved to the calibre Forum.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-26-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:25 PM   #7
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!

@rdmx-
You see!

(To contact a Mod to fix a thread, use the asterisk button in the lower left of the post window)

When you add a book to your PW, it will index all of the words so that if you do a search in the future it can take you to it. Sometimes when you add a book to your device it can be corrupted and then your PW will get stuck (choke) while trying to index it. This is why it is recommended to not add a lot of books at one time because it can be a pain to figure out which is the problem book file. To check, do a search from the home screen of your PW on a nonsense word like "pplkj". If you see that it is still 'indexing' a book and you haven't added one recently, then you need to delete that book from your device and do a re-conversion of the book in Calibre before re-adding it to your device.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:32 PM   #8
rdmx

im trying to readd 11/22/63 back on. its a long book. I deleted somehow when I was in the middle of it....
i deleted it from computer. redownloaded it. and is converting from epub to mobi now.
do you think keeping it plugged into computer a while will make it show up again? Since its a long books (over 800 pages)
Old 04-27-2014, 02:24 AM   #9
johnoz123
Enthusiast
johnoz123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmx View Post
HELP! Ok so I have some files on my computer (windows 8) I am using CALIBRE to convert formats, obtain covers and make it nice and organized. So I convert via CALIBRE. but when I go to send to device it isnt sent. the book is not sent to my Kindle (paperwhite)

What am I doing wrong????
There are a few ways you can interface Calibe and your PW. The easiest way is via usb cable:

Open calibre and then plug your PW into you computers USB port -- you should see the PW connect to Calibre. When it does choose the book you want transferred and then click on 'send to device' --it shouldn't take long (less than a minute) to transfer. If the book is in the wrong format for the PW then Calibre will auto convert it. Leave everything connected until you see a green tick next to the book in Calibre. That should be all you need to do.
johnoz123 is offline   Reply With Quote