Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-07-2014, 07:01 AM   #196
del216
del216 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Moving tag mappings to new computer

Love the plugin! thank you for all your hard work..

How would I move my painstakingly curated tag mappings from one computer to another?

Is that even possible?

Is there an export/import functionality

All my googling has produced no answers :-(
del216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:53 PM   #197
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Just copy the goodreads.json file from cone computer to the other. You will find that in your calibre configuration folder in the plugins subfolder, available from preferences -> misc
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:31 AM   #198
del216
del216 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
RE: Moving tag mappings to new computer

kiwidude, that is bloody fantastic! Thank you!

Can this file be edited?

I'm asking because it'll be easier to modify that file than backing out of updating the metadata, modifying the tag mapping and then going back into modifying the metadata (doing my entire collection, and it's kinda tedious)
del216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:32 PM   #199
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Question about tag mapping can I say map anything containing Mysteries (i.e. *Mysteries*) to the Mystery column? Like can I use wildcards in the mapping process?

Are the tags download to just those listed in the mapping or will it also find others?

Thank you!
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:30 PM   #200
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
Question about tag mapping can I say map anything containing Mysteries (i.e. *Mysteries*) to the Mystery column? Like can I use wildcards in the mapping process?

Are the tags download to just those listed in the mapping or will it also find others?

Thank you!
Nothing?

Do I need to include more info?
Old 03-18-2014, 02:35 PM   #201
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@del216 - yes the file can be edited, but you better be very careful with your edits or you will corrupt it, as the json format requires very specific commas, brackets, quotes etc. Exit vcalibre and make a backup of the file before you make any changes, do your edits and then start calibre.

@gabby98 - no wildcards are not supported. If you want a more "complete" set of tag mappings, refer to Doctor Ohhh's post on the first page of this thread.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:22 PM   #202
gabby98
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@del216 - yes the file can be edited, but you better be very careful with your edits or you will corrupt it, as the json format requires very specific commas, brackets, quotes etc. Exit vcalibre and make a backup of the file before you make any changes, do your edits and then start calibre.

@gabby98 - no wildcards are not supported. If you want a more "complete" set of tag mappings, refer to Doctor Ohhh's post on the first page of this thread.
thanks, if goodreads is my only tag source, will setting the mapping only look for those that match the map to add to my books or it pulls down everything no matter what?

Old 03-18-2014, 09:47 PM   #203
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
thanks, if goodreads is my only tag source, will setting the mapping only look for those that match the map to add to my books or it pulls down everything no matter what?

If configured correctly you should only get tags from Goodreads. I have been using Goodreads exclusively for my tags for almost 3 years. My initial json file and instructions can be found here. I also point to another json file at the end of that post that maps a larger number of Goodreads tags. If you choose to edit the json file do so through the Plugins customization (Preferences - Plugins - Metadata Source plugins - select Goodreads - customize plugin).

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 03-18-2014 at 09:50 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:36 PM   #204
gabby98
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
If configured correctly you should only get tags from Goodreads. I have been using Goodreads exclusively for my tags for almost 3 years. My initial json file and instructions can be found here. I also point to another json file at the end of that post that maps a larger number of Goodreads tags. If you choose to edit the json file do so through the Plugins customization (Preferences - Plugins - Metadata Source plugins - select Goodreads - customize plugin).
thanks...i'll take a look at that again
Old 04-26-2014, 04:50 PM   #205
djrm
Enthusiast
djrm began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini 4, iPhone 6s
Downloaded published date is 1 day behind

Hello. I'm having an issue downloading metadata using this plug-in and was wondering if I am doing something incorrectly. The published date that is downloaded is 1 day behind the date that is indicated on the Goodreads page.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Is there some setting I am missing?

Thanks.

DJRM
djrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:36 PM   #206
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by djrm View Post
Hello. I'm having an issue downloading metadata using this plug-in and was wondering if I am doing something incorrectly. The published date that is downloaded is 1 day behind the date that is indicated on the Goodreads page.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Is there some setting I am missing?

Thanks.

DJRM
I think it's it's something to do with timezones, I'm not aware of any setting you can adjust and I don't understand the 'why is it so'.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:00 AM   #207
tlc
Zealot
tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: KK 3G, iPad
Column shuffle

I'd like to use goodreads genre data, but I have the custom Genre column and my Tags column has non-genre stuff like "Novelette", "Anthology", "Read Next", etc.

Is it correct that there is nothing planned that will fix the limitation that keeps the Goodreads metadata plugin from using a custom Genre column?

I'm considering
  1. backing up everything,
  2. creating another custom column "Other Tags" or "Keywords" or ??,
  3. moving my Tags data to that column,
  4. getting rid of the Genre column, and
  5. using the Goodreads plugin for Genres in Tags.
It appears that bulk metadata search/replace will help me with step 3, moving data to another column.

Any flaws with this idea? Anyone done it?
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:28 AM   #208
edman
edman began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs 505
Hi,
How can I display the goodreads rating as a number instead of stars?
Right now it rounds everything down so a 3.93 goodreads rating is turned into a 3 stars and I'd like it to show 3.93.

Thanks
edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:29 PM   #209
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by edman View Post
How can I display the goodreads rating as a number instead of stars?
Right now it rounds everything down so a 3.93 goodreads rating is turned into a 3 stars and I'd like it to show 3.93.
This is not a Goodreads plugin issue it is the way calibre works. You might want to bring this up in a new thread.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 12:19 AM   #210
Sidetrack
Enthusiast
Sidetrack began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
bringing in unmapped tags

Love the plugin, and I'm pretty satisfied with the mapping I've got. I'm concerned that things on the goodreads in aren't perfectly static.

Is there any way of adding an option to download unmapped tags in some kind of a format that would flag them so I'd know I had something missing from my goodreads.json map?

Something like: #fiction > weird fiction# or grunmapped.Weird Ficton
Sidetrack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goodreads, metadata