Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 12-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
franzca
franzca began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Le Devoir update possible?

Hello,

Le Devoir (Canadian) changed something on its website last week, and since then the previously flawless recipe collects only headlines and summaries. Anybody have a quick fix? I wish I knew something about Python to be able to help...

Thanks!
franzca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:40 AM   #2
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony reader prs700, kobo
here is a modified recipe. i think it should work. But i do not hjave a username and password so i could not test it. see if it works. IF it does not then pm me a user name and password and I will try again
Attached Files
File Type: zip lede.recipe.zip (1.9 KB, 102 views)
Krittika Goyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:51 AM   #3
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

try this now. turns out i did not need the login deatails and neither should you. see if it is complete
Attached Files
File Type: zip lede.recipe.zip (1.9 KB, 129 views)
Old 12-20-2012, 07:02 AM   #4
franzca

Sorry, Le Devoir _does_ need login

On the site of Le Devoir, about half the articles are freely available, whereas the rest you only get the first two paragraphs, followed by a message that the rest of the article is reserved for subscribers.

Can you add the login back in?

Thanks.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #5
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre

i put the login back but i am not sure that will fix it. can you check and let nme know?
Attached Files
File Type: zip lede.recipe.zip (1.9 KB, 118 views)
Old 12-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #6
franzca

error trying to import recipe

I get the error message

'NoneType' object has no attribute 'Title'

when trying to import the modified recipe, so can't test.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #7
franzca

Correction -- it does work

Sorry, it seems I created the last problem myself by attempting to save the modified recipe a second time.

The latest version does work perfectly.

Thanks!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:14 AM   #8
odaigle
odaigle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle keyboard 3G
Hi,
I have updated once more the built-in recipe of Le Devoir. I sent it to Kovid for its inclusion in the next release of Caliber. Here it is.

I've tested it with and without an account. The previous version was not downloading some articles as they don't have all the same tags.

Regards,

Olivier
Attached Files
File Type: zip LeDevoir.recipe.zip (2.0 KB, 104 views)
odaigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #9
odaigle

The newest version of Calibre (0.9.22) changed something in the API of the fetch news scripts. Here is an updated version of the recipe for Le Devoir. Calibre 0.9.22 seems to create larger files than before. I am checking into it to get smaller files (it jumped from 5 Mb to 20 Mb for a Saturday edition).
Attached Files
File Type: zip LeDevoir_1006.recipe.zip (2.0 KB, 78 views)
Old 03-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The API change you are referring to was in 0.9.16. While I cant say for sure I'd guess your size increase is related to images, earlier calibre used to force convert all downloaded images to jpeg, it no longer does this, preserving the original image from the website.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #11
odaigle

I was using 0.9.10 before updating to 0.9.22, hence the bug I got. Regarding file size, they are jpg on the website, but perhaps higher quality. Is there an easy way of reducing the resolution of images ?
Old 03-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

calibre's conversion pipeline will automatically resize images to the screen size of the output profile you have selected. If you want to do the resizing in the recipe itself, you can implement image_url_processor, download the image yourself, resize it and then returh the url to the downloaded image.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #13
odaigle

I've updated the recipe to save images in jpg at 30% quality. It seems that the images on the site are at 100% quality. This allowed the file for a Saturday edition to go from 26 Mb to a more manageable 3.4 Mb.... The recipe can be downloaded at http://www.nuvucameras.com/download/...ir_1007.recipe . Kovid, can you apply the new recipe to the next version of Calibre ? Thanks.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:59 AM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@odaigle: You should probably wait a bit and use the new image downsampling code as discussed here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=208427
Old 03-23-2013, 02:59 PM   #15
odaigle

Works great! Modified the recipe. It can be fetched at http://www.nuvucameras.com/download/...ir_1008.recipe .

Olivier