Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Exclamation Free SF/Fantasy - Baen Gift Bundles Feb 2001, Oct 2003, Jun 2005, Aug 2007, Oct 2010

So, with less than two days to go before Baen removes their old Monthly Bundles from sale due to the Amazon deal, I just went and bought 5 more with a combo of books I'm quite sure I want, and can now pass on the gift bundle freebies which they generously give away with each purchase.

Due to the time crunch and the inevitable yanking/shutdown on Saturday the 15th, I once again request that if you sign up for these and you're reasonably close to the head of the line, please be so kind as to stick around and/or check MR/your email every few hours to see if someone's sent/requested for the codes so they can get passed to as many people as possible who'd like to get in on this before the codes and links go invalid.

If you haven't previously done the Baen Gift Bundle thing and are unfamiliar with how it works please read through the how-to description on the previous thread I have for the other set I did earlier, as well as the more detailed instructions linked there in other Baen Monthly Bundle threads floating around.

Once again, when you sign up for this, you will pass all 5 codes along to the next person, to keep everything tidy so people don't have to go chasing down the individual codes. If you have no use for a particular monthly code because you already own/hate all the authors, whatever, then feel free to not redeem it and simply copy/paste/forward the email containing it to the next person in line.

And please remember to check out each bundle and enter the next person's email/redeem to your auxiliary in a separate transaction per bundle. If you try to load in more than one bundle at once, you will only send on a gift code for a random single bundle and you will break the chain.

Do not break the chain. There's a curse that goes with it and it involves me hunting you down and mocking your ugly pants. I still have finals this week. Do not make me take time out from them to have to mock your ugly pants. There's bad karma in that.

Here are the bundles I've just gotten which seemed to contain the best combo of books that I wanted. I may go back to pick up a couple more later if I can decide between the more ambiguous combos which have fewer/different combinations of the sequels I think I might want to get while they're still there:

(And I will reiterate that if there's anything in Baen's back catalogue that you've been thinking of getting, now is a good time to do so, because in addition to dissolving the old monthly bundles, they will also be raising the prices on their backlist from $6.99-9.99 per book.)

February 2001

Time Traders II: The Defiant Agents and Key Out of Time by Andre Norton (sequel to one of the few remaining Baen Free Library books currently available now that they've pulled most of them)
1632 by Eric Flint
The Spheres of Heaven by Charles Sheffield
The Web Between the Worlds by Charles Sheffield
By Any Other Name by Spider Robinson (adoptive Canadian and practically a local author since he lived on Vancouver Island or thereabouts the last time I checked)

October 2003

The Far Side of the Stars by David Drake (should come with CD, in case the 5th Imperium has to take theirs down)
Expanded Universe by Robert A. Heinlein
The Deed of Paksenarrion by Elizabeth Moon (3-in-1 bundle of continuation of former Baen Free Library book)
Digital Knight by Ryk Spoor
Planets of Adventure by Murray Leinster edited by Eric Flint
The Immortality Option by James P. Hogan

June 2005

Into the Looking Glass by John Ringo (should come with the CD, in case the 5th Imperium site has to take theirs down; for bonus lulz, google "Oh John Ringo No" sometime if you haven't already)
The Time of Troubles I by Harry Turtledove
This Rough Magic by Mercedes Lackey, Eric Flint and Dave Freer
A Logic Named Joe by Murray Leinster edited by Eric Flint
Gods and Androids by Andre Norton (Wraith of Time, which is included in this, is a rather good YA-ish Ancient Egyptian time-travel)

August 2007

Pyramid Power by Dave Freer and Eric Flint
Miles, Mutants and Microbes by Lois McMaster Bujold
The Trouble With Humans by Christopher Anvil edited by Eric Flint
In Fury Born by David Weber
Blood of the Heroes by Steve White
Memory by Lois McMaster Bujold (only book missing from the Cryoburn CD and the only reason why I'm buying this bundle because everything else is literally a former giveaway and which I also have absolutely no interest in)

I could have gotten just Memory completely for free by cashing in my Planet Baen coupon, but I chose to spend the extra $6 bucks so I could pass it on one last time as a gift bundle, since I missed it when originally offered on this forum when bundle still contained the other book I was actually interested in (since yanked, and will possibly one day show up as KDP Select exclusive-or-else, if the pattern for ex-Baen authors holds true ).

I hope you all appreciate this.

October 2010

1635: The Eastern Front by Eric Flint
MYTH-Interpretations: The Worlds of Robert Asprin by Robert Asprin
The Power of Illusion by Christopher Anvil edited by Eric Flint
Monster Hunter Vendetta by Larry Correia
Fangs for the Mammaries by Esther Friesner (light, silly fun anthology stories)
Of Berserkers, Swords and Vampires by Fred Saberhagen
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
colleenFL
Groupie
colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW3, PW1, Kobo N647, Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-300, various tablets
PM to ATDrake
colleenFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #3
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
pm to colleenFL
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #4
Papi47
Zealot
Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle3, iPad
pm to gbm
Papi47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #5
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
All 5 codes now sent to ColleenFL from my auxiliary will-one-day-be-a-gift account. Copies in my inbox in case some spamtrap eats them. Off to eat, cram, and nap now.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
PM to Papi47
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #7
colleenFL
Groupie
colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW3, PW1, Kobo N647, Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-300, various tablets
codes sent to gbm
colleenFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #8
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi47 View Post
pm to gbm
codes sent to Papi47.

I have the back ups.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:06 PM   #9
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
PM to GeoffR
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:10 PM   #10
Papi47
Zealot
Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Papi47 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle3, iPad
code sent GeoffR

I also have backups
Papi47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #11
JeffZ
Zealot
JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Pm to kg3
JeffZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #12
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Codes sent to kg3.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:49 PM   #13
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
Next 5 codes sent to JeffZ.

Thanks ATDrake and everyone!
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #14
Ginwen
Addict
Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch/IPad
PM to JeffZ, and yes I appreciate it very much
Ginwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #15
JeffZ
Zealot
JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
All codes sent to Ginwen.

thanks ATDrake!
JeffZ is offline   Reply With Quote