Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
killermiller
killermiller began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
sony prs-t1 Cool Reader vs FBReader vs Reader

Hello

which one should i install to read arabic epubs on sony reader prs-t1 ?
And how i install it.

pls help me. Iam really a newbie
killermiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Hopefully someone else can give a more definitive answer than this...

No Sony reader to-date has been able to correctly display any right-to-left text with its stock reading app - except as a PDF.

If you have rooted your PRST1 and loaded FBReader or CoolReader I don't know whether right-to-left epubs are supported. I would think at a minimum you would need to download suitable Arabic fonts to wherever CoolReader/FBReader expects to find them.

I can say that FBReader is one of the standard reading apps on PocketBook readers. It was certainly possible to display right-to-left Hebrew epubs in FBReader on a PocketBook -- not that I read them myself, but I remember others discussing it.

My only experience with CoolReader has been on my android smartphone. It certainly handles custom fonts better than any other android reading app I tried -- but whether it handles right-to-left epubs, I don't know. I haven't tried FBReader on my phone because I never liked it much on the PocketBook, however that's just my preference not a comment on how good FBReader is.

If you have already rooted your PRST1 wouldn't it be easiest just to download and try the apps for yourself, as both are free?

Last edited by jackie_w; 10-08-2012 at 03:10 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote