Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
abradaxis
Enthusiast
abradaxis began at the beginning.

Device: amazon
Question Calibre Installation Issues

I downloaded a Calibre MSI file to install the program on my pc, and then aborted the installation when questions came up during the installation when the program provided the option of delivering my converted mobi books directly to Amazon by gmail for Whispernet installation on my Kindle. So later I started the installation again (probably from a different download) once I obtained the correct email addresses and passwords. This time the installation complted, without the dialog box asking me what formats for input, output, email addresses, etc. Which version am I really looking for, what's the best site to download from, and how do I customize the installation to get the converted files sent to Amazon for automatic installation onto my Kindle? Any help greatly appreciated.
abradaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:52 PM   #2
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Welcome to calibre, abradaxis.

To do that, just click on the drop-down arrow on the right side of the Preferences button in the toolbar, and select "Run Welcome Wizard."

I'm assuming you have downloaded the latest version - 7.57. Check for and/or get it here:
http://calibre-ebook.com/download
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by abradaxis View Post
I downloaded a Calibre MSI file to install the program on my pc, and then aborted the installation when questions came up during the installation when the program provided the option of delivering my converted mobi books directly to Amazon by gmail for Whispernet installation on my Kindle. So later I started the installation again (probably from a different download) once I obtained the correct email addresses and passwords. This time the installation complted, without the dialog box asking me what formats for input, output, email addresses, etc. Which version am I really looking for, what's the best site to download from, and how do I customize the installation to get the converted files sent to Amazon for automatic installation onto my Kindle? Any help greatly appreciated.
No Kindle here

I think you need to set up
Preferences: Sharing books by email. (This is share with your reader device)

You could try running the 'Welcome Wizard' (on the arrow next to preferences).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:16 PM   #4
abradaxis
Enthusiast
abradaxis began at the beginning.

Device: amazon
Thanks to both of you. It's so easy when you've done it once already.
abradaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:53 PM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved to correct forum.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, customization, installation