Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-24-2009, 08:40 AM   #16
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Second pass of the Sleeping Lessons cover. I think this one fits the tone of the book a lot more
hm, interesting ! that's a radically different ambiance. intriguing ! (you tease !! publish them already !!!)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:43 AM   #17
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hm, interesting ! that's a radically different ambiance. intriguing ! (you tease !! publish them already !!!)
LOL I will, I will, all in good time, or is that bad time, or is it indifferent time? I've not yet decided how to publish them yet, or where, or if to make them public or what to do with them.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2009, 08:44 AM   #18
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
LOL I will, I will, all in good time, or is that bad time, or is it indifferent time? I've not yet decided how to publish them yet, or where, or if to make them public or what to do with them.
what you mean "if" ??? and what's wrong with upping them at feedbooks ? and / or here ?
Old 11-24-2009, 08:49 AM   #19
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
what you mean "if" ??? and what's wrong with upping them at feedbooks ? and / or here ?
Well Feedbooks is out because I've done some line art for each section and they still don't do graphics, and I get too pre-occupied with checking download numbers on that site (which is very unhealthy). Here would be okay though, once I'm happy and have made some tweaks
Old 11-24-2009, 03:26 PM   #20
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
I think I liked the first one better. sorry bud =)
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2009, 03:28 PM   #21
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
I think I liked the first one better. sorry bud =)

No problems It's all just playing about. There's little likelihood that this thing will see the light of day anyway.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #22
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Well Feedbooks is out because I've done some line art for each section and they still don't do graphics, and I get too pre-occupied with checking download numbers on that site (which is very unhealthy). Here would be okay though, once I'm happy and have made some tweaks
ah yes, the old illustration conundrum on feedbooks. well that leaves here, to start with. which suits me fine. (and now that i know about the line art i want to see these EVEN MORE ! i didn't think that would be possible.)

Quote:
No problems It's all just playing about. There's little likelihood that this thing will see the light of day anyway.
AHEM.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:35 PM   #23
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
ah yes, the old illustration conundrum on feedbooks. well that leaves here, to start with. which suits me fine. (and now that i know about the line art i want to see these EVEN MORE ! i didn't think that would be possible.)

AHEM.
I'm sorry but I just don't like the story now that I've finished it. I blame Jack Higgins and asking my Dad what he wanted for X-Mas last time I saw him. If only he hadn't said Jack Higgins!!
Old 11-24-2009, 03:37 PM   #24
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
I'm sorry but I just don't like the story now that I've finished it. I blame Jack Higgins and asking my Dad what he wanted for X-Mas last time I saw him. If only he hadn't said Jack Higgins!!
who the hell is this jack higgins joker ? you want me to beat him up for you ?

(i'll do it, too. just, please let me read the story !)
Old 11-24-2009, 03:46 PM   #25
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
who the hell is this jack higgins joker ? you want me to beat him up for you ?

(i'll do it, too. just, please let me read the story !)
Jack Higgins the thriller writer, he wrote The Eagle Has Landed. He's my dad's favourite writer, and he's also responsible for my dad's favourite fictional character - IRA hitman and rogue turned British Agent; Sean Dillon. I'm getting my dad the full run of Sean Dillon in Hardback for X-Mas (at least I'm trying to).
Old 11-24-2009, 03:48 PM   #26
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Jack Higgins the thriller writer, he wrote The Eagle Has Landed. He's my dad's favourite writer, and he's also responsible for my dad's favourite fictional character - IRA hitman and rogue turned British Agent; Sean Dillon. I'm getting my dad the full run of Sean Dillon in Hardback for X-Mas (at least I'm trying to).
hm. well, that does sound thrilling, naturally. i just don't see why it would prevent you from publishing your story. i feel quite sure you and Mister Jack Higgins can peacefully co-exist in the same reality. (and if not, well, don't forget my offer a couple of posts higher up).
Old 11-24-2009, 03:59 PM   #27
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
hm. well, that does sound thrilling, naturally. i just don't see why it would prevent you from publishing your story. i feel quite sure you and Mister Jack Higgins can peacefully co-exist in the same reality. (and if not, well, don't forget my offer a couple of posts higher up).
Oh we can co-exist alright, but my Dad's reaction to Jack Higgins turned a few switches on inside my head. My Dad is nearly 70 and his eyes lit up like it was Christmas morning when I mentioned I was hunting down the Sean Dillon hardbacks for him. Then I thought about that and about writing and I realised I'd been doing it wrong all these years...I was missing the most important thing, the only legacy any writer can truly leave behind...CHARACTER!!!

Sherlock Holmes, Miss Marple, Alex Cross, Atticus Finch, Tom Joad, Sam Spade, Philip Marlowe....long after Conan Doyle, Steinbeck and Hammett are historical footnotes, the characters will live on.

So I'm thinking about going back to where I began; with thrillers, with mysteries and sleuths and all the rest.

Curse you Jack Higgins you magnificent bastard!!!
Old 11-24-2009, 04:02 PM   #28
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Oh we can co-exist alright, but my Dad's reaction to Jack Higgins turned a few switches on inside my head. My Dad is nearly 70 and his eyes lit up like it was Christmas morning when I mentioned I was hunting down the Sean Dillon hardbacks for him. Then I thought about that and about writing and I realised I'd been doing it wrong all these years...I was missing the most important thing, the only legacy any writer can truly leave behind...CHARACTER!!!

Sherlock Holmes, Miss Marple, Alex Cross, Atticus Finch, Tom Joad, Sam Spade, Philip Marlowe....long after Conan Doyle, Steinbeck and Hammett are historical footnotes, the characters will live on.

So I'm thinking about going back to where I began; with thrilers, with mysteries and sleuths and all the rest.

Curse you Jack Higgins you magnificent bastard!!!
well, that sounds brilliant ! perhaps we'll get the next Sam Luka story then ? wonderful !!! i think Elliot Finch and Steinbeck definitely have the makings of immortality !!

...but you can still publish your nano stuff too.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:06 PM   #29
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
well, that sounds brilliant ! perhaps we'll get the next Sam Luka story then ? wonderful !!! i think Elliot Finch and Steinbeck definitely have the makings of immortality !!

...but you can still publish your nano stuff too.
I killed Steinbeck and left Finch in a hospital with a bullet hole in his head in a story I wrote called "His Master's Gun". So there'll be no more, unless Steinbeck comes back from the dead or...God knows!
Old 11-24-2009, 04:08 PM   #30
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
I killed Steinbeck and left Finch in a hospital with a bullet hole in his head in a story I wrote called "His Master's Gun". So there'll be no more, unless Steinbeck comes back from the dead or...God knows!
Prequel!

Jeez - you writers, no imagination
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote