Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-05-2009, 12:25 AM   #1
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
How do I / Can I backup my current firmware before updating to a new version?

As per the subject line... is there any way to save the current firmware in my device, so I can reinstall it if I don't like the new version?
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:09 AM   #2
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
I'm not aware of any way to read the contents of the flash memory to save it. The best you can do is start collecting the firmware files, so that you'll have THOSE for future use if you need them. I currently have copies of the Astak Sept 10th release (the most recent from them) and the Oct 15th Jinke release (the most recent from them). The Astak releases are pretty much identical to the Jinke releases, with different start up and shutdown graphics, and "id string" in the About screen. There may be a few other minor differences (such as default language settings or something), but very minor if so. I wouldn't want to go back to anything before the Sep 10th release from Astak anyway, as there were some significant problems that were fixed by that release. (And actually, I don't think I'd want to go back before the Oct 15th Jinke release, because of the battery problem...)
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert