Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #1
harpangel36
Connoisseur
harpangel36 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Book Title at Top of Page?

I just added an epub book from Calibre to my white K3 and it shows the book title at the top of every page. I added the same book, the same way to my husband's gray K3 and there is no title at the top. Why is that? I notice that all books I buy from Amazon do not show the title at the top of each page. Is there a way to make it show at the top on ALL books?
harpangel36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If memory serves me correctly, this was a change in a relatively recent firmware update. The Kindle used to display the page header always; now it disappears after the first page turn, so you gain an extra line of text on the screen. I suspect that your two Kindles have different firmware versions. I'm not sure why you'd want it always there - it's just wasting space that can be usefully occupied by the text of the book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert