Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-19-2009, 03:01 PM   #1
PSBlake
PSBlake began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kindle 2's Read-to-me voices?

Does anyone happen to know which particular TTS voices the Kindle 2 is using for the read-to-me function? I've heard the voices in some preview videos, but did not immediately recognize them from what few text-to-speech voices I've had experience with. They don't seem to be AT&T Natural Voices, nor NeoSpeech voices, but I may be mistaken.
PSBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:06 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Amazon licenses it through Nuance Communications Inc
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2009, 04:49 PM   #3
KindleKat
Connoisseur
KindleKat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I wish I could get mine to read to me in the voice of "KITT"
KindleKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:33 PM   #4
PSBlake
PSBlake began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
Amazon licenses it through Nuance Communications Inc
So it's most likely the Nuance RealSpeak voices? I'll have to check out some of their demos.
PSBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:26 AM   #5
radiationman
Connoisseur
radiationman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleKat View Post
I wish I could get mine to read to me in the voice of "KITT"
But which KITT? New KITT or Original KITT?
radiationman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2009, 02:43 PM   #6
kindlenewbie
Trying to win a Kindle 2!
kindlenewbie is on a distinguished road

Original KITT (William Daniels of St. Elsewhere fame) IMHO.
kindlenewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:01 PM   #7
radiationman
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlenewbie View Post
Original KITT (William Daniels of St. Elsewhere fame) IMHO.
I agree - I think the new KITT would put me to sleep!
Old 02-22-2009, 04:26 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiationman View Post
I agree - I think the new KITT would put me to sleep!

Does anyone even watch the new show? Is it still even on? It just seemed incredibly bad to me. And, after the eipsode where they just stripped in the car and sat there naked and sweating it seemed to me they were going for the T&A aspect rather than good stories and acting.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:35 PM   #9
radiationman
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

Does anyone even watch the new show? Is it still even on? It just seemed incredibly bad to me. And, after the eipsode where they just stripped in the car and sat there naked and sweating it seemed to me they were going for the T&A aspect rather than good stories and acting.

BOb
Good stories and acting? I'm not even sure the original Knight Rider had that!

However the original Knight Rider was at least fun to watch - the new one is just painful to watch. It was so bad that the naked sweaty folks couldn't save it...
Old 02-22-2009, 05:56 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiationman View Post
Good stories and acting? I'm not even sure the original Knight Rider had that!
For 12 yo it did. But, not I didn't mean to imply that. But, compared to some of the few other good things on TV (or recently cancelled) like Boston Legal and Burn Notice which I think are/were so well written... Well... 'nuff said.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:32 PM   #11
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I can't believe they left Knight Rider on and took off My Own Worst Enemy.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:15 PM   #12
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Burn Notice is being cancelled?
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote