Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-20-2008, 03:39 PM   #1
avalon6
avalon6 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
$70 off Amazon Kindle w/ Amazon Visa Card

If you have a Chase Amazon Visa card, you can use Promo Code: VISACARD at checkout. If you sign up for one, you can get $100 off.

Details
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FI73MA?...B4R9FP1CB6PMD&

Read the "Get the Amazon Rewards Visa Card and Get $100 Off Kindle" paragraph.

Last edited by avalon6; 08-21-2008 at 07:49 AM.
avalon6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:03 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by avalon6 View Post
If you have a Chase Amazon Visa card, you can use Promo Code: VISACARD at checkout. If you sign up for one, you can get $100 off.

Details
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...d_i=B000FI73MA
OK ... which is it ... $70 or $100?? Thread title says one thing, thread says another.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2008, 04:16 PM   #3
atidball
Enthusiast
atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
OK ... which is it ... $70 or $100?? Thread title says one thing, thread says another.
I understood it, but it's clearer if you follow the link. If you already have the card you can get $70 off. If you don't have the card you can get an additional $30 rebate if you apply through the link.
atidball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:35 PM   #4
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by atidball View Post
I understood it, but it's clearer if you follow the link. If you already have the card you can get $70 off. If you don't have the card you can get an additional $30 rebate if you apply through the link.
Ah, ha .... thanks for the clarification. Not likely to sign up for a card, even if I am likely to get another Kindle.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:23 PM   #5
smariner
smariner began at the beginning.

Device: TBD
- Don't forget to the get the $40 Amazon affiliate discount
- Seems like another price cut is coming on the Kindle
smariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2009, 12:26 AM   #6
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smariner View Post
- Don't forget to the get the $40 Amazon affiliate discount
- Seems like another price cut is coming on the Kindle
Policy for Affiliates from Amazon:

What is Amazon's policy for Associates placing orders for themselves?
You may not purchase products during sessions initiated through your own Associates links and will not receive referral fees for such orders. This includes orders for customers, orders on behalf of customers, and orders for products to be used by you, your friends, your relatives, or your associates in any manner.

I don't know of a special price for affiliates but maybe I am missing something.

However, Amazon is offering 10% in referral fees for associates, so sell ten units, buy yourself a new Kindle!

Last edited by MsAstoria; 02-12-2009 at 12:40 AM.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:29 AM   #7
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalon6 View Post

Details
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FI73MA?...B4R9FP1CB6PMD&

Read the "Get the Amazon Rewards Visa Card and Get $100 Off Kindle" paragraph.
Hmmmmm, that appears to be an old offer: "$70 Off Claim Code Restrictions:

• Each promotional offer claim code ("offer") can be used only once.

• Limit one offer per customer account.

Offer valid only on purchases made between 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time on August 19, 2008, and 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on September 8, 2008."
Old 02-12-2009, 12:53 AM   #8
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAstoria View Post
Hmmmmm, that appears to be an old offer: "$70 Off Claim Code Restrictions:

• Each promotional offer claim code ("offer") can be used only once.

• Limit one offer per customer account.

Offer valid only on purchases made between 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time on August 19, 2008, and 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on September 8, 2008."
yes, the post was made in august, as well as the last post in this thead. thats why it was pages deep.

dont worry though. they have done this pricing a few times. im sure it will come back eventually.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:02 AM   #9
MsAstoria
Evangelist

Duh! Color me blond! I didn't even clue in on the original date of the posting, LOL However the 10% referral fee for associates is current and not a bad deal!
Old 02-12-2009, 10:02 PM   #10
limecello
limecello began at the beginning.

Device: none
Oh gosh - haha, I saw this post and was like "YAY!" Then I saw the date. Crushed!

Hopefully Amazon brings the deal back soon - or something like that. I think it'd help sell a number of kindles (though I don't know if they really need that...).
limecello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:48 AM   #11
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Yeah, I can see where a 3 month backlog might not be incentive to give out coupons.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:31 PM   #12
europas_ice
Groupie
europas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't litter

Device: iPhone 11 (Kindle app & iBooks)
What is this affiliate/associate discount thing, and where can I read about it on amazon?
europas_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:32 PM   #13
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by europas_ice View Post
What is this affiliate/associate discount thing, and where can I read about it on amazon?
Amazon Associates
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote