Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-11-2009, 09:12 AM   #46
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Yeah, well. Spend time in a Kindergarden room and you'll be all for these kids washing their hands more often!!! Apparently, no one is teaching them to wash after using the restroom, and its okay to take food with you........ICK ICK!!!
Luckily, the restroom is in the room itself, so we can monitor........
That's why I explicitly mentioned playing outside! You should always wash your hands after going to the restroom...

But as we say here: sand scours the stomach...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:29 PM   #47
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
On a kind of related note, I was at my favorite most dirty job site today. They process industrial waste. I got something on my hand and a little while later I swear I felt burning.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2009, 04:38 PM   #48
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
[QUOTE=Sweetpea;350064]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
But this reminds me of a piece I once read in an American magazine. It was about kids, washing their hands with bacterial killing soap. It turned out those kids got sick more often than kids that didn't always wash their hands before dinner after playing outside, and especially not with bacterial killing soap.

Living in a sterile environment isn't always healthy, especially as most of the environment you live in, isn't sterile by a long shot...
How is your body supposed to develop antibodies and build up an immunity, if it is never exposed to anything germy? You know, just like in War of the Worlds, how the aliens were defeated because of exposure to a human virus they weren't prepared for.

Do you suppose they could develop a vaccine for lead? Something to think about... well, probably not. I guess a poison is a little different from bacteria. And then people don't seem to be fond of vaccinations anymore, like there is some sinister plot behind them. I'm not saying there is or there isn't....
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:27 PM   #49
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I don't think I ever ate any library books, although I did chew the corners off my little Ladybird books.

I had free run of the library in town when I was in secondary school - including the staff-only section
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:10 PM   #50
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm not much of a news hound. Just wondering if there's been anything more mentioned in the media regarding this not-so-well-thought-out piece of legislation or has it gone quietly into the night?
Advert
Old 02-12-2009, 02:27 PM   #51
DTM
Intentionally Left Blank
DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DTM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
[QUOTE=rebarnmom;350663]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Do you suppose they could develop a vaccine for lead? Something to think about... well, probably not. I guess a poison is a little different from bacteria. ...
Getting back to books, you need to read The Count of Monte Cristo.
DTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #52
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
I'm not much of a news hound. Just wondering if there's been anything more mentioned in the media regarding this not-so-well-thought-out piece of legislation or has it gone quietly into the night?
OMG, my eyes crossed trying to read it

http://http://www.cpsc.gov/ABOUT/Cpsia/cpsia.HTML#timetable

I know that there was a publishers meeting but I just didn't get through that... I got lost in the page about toothbrushes for children not being classified as "consumer products" but somehow as "medical devices" or something and not included in CPSIA......

Last edited by dreams; 02-12-2009 at 02:53 PM. Reason: oops had an extra http
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:07 PM   #53
lightfusegetaway
lightfusegetaway began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505 (Blue)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
Bookarexia/Bookalemia: a newly catagorized disease (eating disorder) for those who consume vast quantities of books... literally.

(I'm sure someone can come up with a better, technically accurate word or name for this than I.)
Bibliophagia: The eating of books.
lightfusegetaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:22 AM   #54
rebarnmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfusegetaway View Post
Good word!