Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-29-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
How to you quit calibre

When I tap the X the application ends but is still running in my process list. How can I cause Calibre to actually quit? I can't seem to find the command anywhere. When I do an update to the new version it will fail if the process is still running so I have to bring up the task manager find the process and then kill it before I can upgrade. Since upgrades are frequent this is a problem.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:47 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Right click on the system tray icon or press Ctrl+Q in the main window
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2009, 04:22 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Right click on the system tray icon or press Ctrl+Q in the main window
Thanks, that helps.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:51 AM   #4
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
There is also an option to have Calibre close rather than minimise to the tray...

Settings -> Interface - Enable system tray icon

Take out the tick. When you close, quit from the system tray and the reopen - when you next close, the app will close rather than minimise...
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #5
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Ahh, thanks much. For us newbies, "Settings" is the hammer icon (termed "Configuration" in a mouse rollover) over to the right of the Search bar.

I'm always shutting down
1. for new version installs.

2. to stimulate a stalled news fetch. This occurs only on a 1 GHz 512MB XP machine, not on a more powerful Vista machine, so it is likely something about my machine. After about three or four successful fetches, it'll stall on "Waiting" for over an hour, so I shut down Calibre, restart it, and it resumes fetching.

3. So Calibre won't automatically install the NY Times or similar large news feeds. Attempting to read any big news feed like this (about 1400 pages) loaded by Calibre on my Sony PRS-505 causes a restart of the device. Loading the same using the Sony eBook Library works fine.

[EDIT: I see in the Settings/Configuration that I can tick away the automatic loading, so #3 is no longer an issue. Calibre constantly surprises me with its goodness.]

Last edited by jj2me; 02-02-2009 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Calibre is wonderful
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert