Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-09-2017, 08:10 PM   #16
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
I read on my Sony T2 or T3 every single day and the page turn buttons are quite well located. I never have an issue with them and they show no signs of wearing out. I had the covering flaking off the page turn buttons on my 650, I used it so much.
After five years some of the paint is gone from the buttons on my T1, but so far they all still work. The button location is fine for me. I guess whether the buttons seem well-located depends on the user's hand size and how they like to hold the reader. I never use the stylus.

I don't think the OP mentioned PDFs so probably that is not a big concern for him/her. I have read a few novels in PDF format on my T1 and they worked OK for me, though it probably helps that I like a small font size.

The only reason might consider replacing the T1 at this time is the loss of direct library access since the Overdrive changes. Otherwise, I would probably keep the T1 until either the buttons wear out or the battery stops holding a charge.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:00 AM   #17
kuromusha
Connoisseur
kuromusha began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, PRS-T2, PRS-T3, Boox T68, Boox Poke 3
I was comparing the kobo to the prs 350 and 650.

The built quality of the Kobo just felt cheap, the flush screen make it more of a tablet than a reader.

Last edited by kuromusha; 01-10-2017 at 04:07 AM.
kuromusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2017, 09:15 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you buy a Sony Reader from Goodwill, there is no way to know what condition the battery is in. Anything from the x50 series has a really good chance of needing a new battery. Also, The T series is not easy to replace the battery. So you pay your money and take your chances.

Now you'd be better off buying a new Reader that has a better screen, is faster, and has better software. Sony was good in it's day, but it's day is long over.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote