Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
tinab
Tinab
tinab can extract oil from cheesetinab can extract oil from cheesetinab can extract oil from cheesetinab can extract oil from cheesetinab can extract oil from cheesetinab can extract oil from cheesetinab can extract oil from cheesetinab can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle e-reader
Unhappy Help (RESOLVED)

Not sure if in right place, I need help. I was charging my Kindle e-reader on computer, then put into files. Now my collection is listed by author and I don't know how to get it back to title? I am very illiterate when it comes to computers doing things like this. I was lucky to figure out how to put books into files. Now I have 2 instead of one file as well. OOPS NEVERMIND I don't need help w/changing from title to author. I was charging my Kindle on my computer and books popped up, so I put them in a folder now they are all on my computer and all but 7 books are gone from my Kindle. I have a Kindle e-reader as a b-day gift from son fully loaded in 11/11.

Last edited by tinab; 08-17-2013 at 06:16 PM. Reason: new question due to being illiterate w/computer
tinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Which kindle?

Paperwhite pictured
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_522.png
Views:	160
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	109563  
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #3
tinab
Tinab
tinab can extract oil from cheesetinab can extract oil from cheesetinab can extract oil from cheesetinab can extract oil from cheesetinab can extract oil from cheesetinab can extract oil from cheesetinab can extract oil from cheesetinab can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinab View Post
Not sure if in right place, I need help. I was charging my Kindle e-reader on computer, then put into files. Now my collection is listed by title and I don't know how to get it back to author? I am very illiterate when it comes to computers doing things like this. I was lucky to figure out how to put books into files. Now I have 2 instead of one file as well.
OOPS SORRY I had it backwards
Old 08-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #4
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

np. That's why we are here.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #5
tinab
Tinab

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Which kindle?

Paperwhite pictured
I have a plain old Kindle e-reader that was a gift for b-day in 2011

Last edited by twobob; 08-17-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Advert
Old 08-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #6
twobob

Kindle 4 then?
Non Touch?
Old 08-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #7
tinab
Tinab

kindle

no internet just an e-reader and found I need to put books on USB stick then to my kindle which I don't have and makes no sense. I have them in two folders for now and just can't get them back into the kindle.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #8
twobob

All kindles have the internet browing ability?
I don't understand you.

My apologies.

Also no kindle accepts USB sticks.

A picture of your device would be helpful.

Google is filled with them.
Link please
Old 08-23-2013, 03:26 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I'm as confused as twobob.

Here is the link to the support pages for all Kindles. Click the one that looks like yours (don't forget to click the links to the side to see the discontinued but still used Kindles). If yours doesn't match you may not have a Kindle (Kindle is sometimes used as a generic term for all e-ink readers - like Kleenex for tissue). Could you have another device that uses a micro SD card?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200127470
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	all the kindles.JPG
Views:	143
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	109866  
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #10
tinab
Tinab

Kindle 2nd Generation