Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-25-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
Chapter One
Screen Swiper
Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STwG, Nook HD+, Kindle Voyage.
Best Nook HD+ apps?

What apps are your favourite, and what do you use the most?
Chapter One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:36 AM   #2
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Same as on any other tablet:

GMail
Business Calendar
Chrome
Firefox (when needing Flash. Otherwise I use Chrome)
Tapatalk
Maps
Zinio (my library lets me check out magazines! Woohoo!!)
Quickpic (instead of stock Gallery)
Dropbox
Office Suite
ES File Explorer and Task Manager

And some special interest apps that are of no use to most people

I do NOT use the Facebook app even though I do use Facebook. I prefer the desktop version web site. The app is pretty useless IMHO.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
My favorite app for my Nook HD+ is Calibre Companion. It makes it so easy to get your books on your device and manage them.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #4
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Ok.. here are mine.

Kitchen Timer by KidsAndI Software. This is great if you aren't using the HD for anything else while you need the timer. Alas, I have yet to find a kitchen timer app that will alert me if I happen to be streaming music or playing an audiobook. The only apps that I have found only work on my Itouch and I don't have a docking station in my kitchen for it.

EZ PDF Reader - doesn't work with everything, but great with most of my magazines.

Smart Audiobook Reader by Alex Kravchenko - Fabulous tool for listening to audiobooks that you have sideloaded. Someone here recommended it and I am happy to put in a plug for it. I use it every day at home. While an Ipod is still the best choice, IMHO, for audiobooks, this app makes listening from my HD a pleasure. The speaker is plenty loud for most audiobooks. I created a folder called Audiobooks and set it to search only that folder to restrict the library to only audiobooks. I've only tested with MP3s.

Astraware's Mah Mahjong - love it. Love it better now that I found that I could increase the difficulty levels.

Astraware's Crossword Puzzle - totally love this. Includes a daily puzzle and a weekend puzzle (free). I have already played all the free stuff and am not inclined to upgrade at this time.

Amazon Music Streaming - Most music you buy from Amazon (including CDs) get added to your cloud. You can then stream it using the Amazon app. It's a very stable app. I have to work at it to make it accidentally quit on me.

Audible - if you have an Audible account, this is the app to have. It is not quite as stable as Smart Audiobook. In addition, I have found that you cannot download audiobooks at many free wifi locations without the application either quitting or getting an error code. Downloads fine at home.

Last edited by Tarana; 11-03-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #5
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Perfect Viewer is my most used program. Ostensibly a comic book reader, it does an amazing job with PDFs. So much better than the official Adobe one and all the others I've tried. Fast, loads everything, and you can set it to automatically zoom in
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert