Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-02-2014, 01:32 PM   #1
nathan.grewal
Dickens Fanatic
nathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo touch, iPod touch 4th gen, kobo arc, kobo arc 10 HD, nexus 5
Should I use launcher?

I have one of the newer kobo tablets, with the nice UI. I saw a few launchers on the play store that mimic android kitkat. I was wondering if I should use one of those. Would I still be able to access my books? I mean, its not the default kobo android app that I was using, so I don't want to lose access to my books.
Thanks
nathan.grewal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:18 PM   #2
EricG
Enthusiast
EricG began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
most

Most of the established launchers are based on ICS or Jelly Bean. I put Holo HD (JB enhanced) on my Arc classic shortly after buying it. Much better than stock Anroid or Kobo. Too much trouble to try out new ones.

There are a few based on Kit Kat now. I put KK launcher on my HTC ICS phone because it's small. Not as powerful as the established launchers (holo,nova,apex), but gives my phone a modern look. I notice the others are big or nag-ware.
EricG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2014, 01:39 PM   #3
nathan.grewal
Dickens Fanatic
nathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo touch, iPod touch 4th gen, kobo arc, kobo arc 10 HD, nexus 5
I actually tried a launcher, but I like the default one better than nova and apex. I also tried the kitkat launcher, but it was really glitchy and almost unusable.

I was just making sure it was safe. I didn't want kobo to say, "show the books" and the launcher to say "no" and then bad things would happen and my $400 tablet would get messed up. But it worked fine.

Last edited by nathan.grewal; 02-07-2014 at 11:11 AM.
nathan.grewal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:05 PM   #4
EricG
Enthusiast
EricG began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Correction: I have Epic (KitKat) Launcher on my ICS phone. It's minimal but small.

On my Arc I tried most of the KitKat launchers, but they were more limited than Holo HD (Jelly Bean).
EricG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
app, book, kitkat, kobo arc, launcher