Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-02-2013, 04:28 AM   #1
Danel
Danel began at the beginning.

Device: none
M92 black or white?

Hi to everyone,

I'm going to buy an M92 ereader, but before to place the order I would like to know which color is better (if there are objective motivations to prefer one of them). Based on your experience, which one looks better? And are there any drawbacks? For example, buying the black version I will have a device with all my fingerprints well visible?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Danel; 02-02-2013 at 04:32 AM.
Danel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:53 AM   #2
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
Go for the black version.
On the black version, the fingerprints are well visible (especially on the back side).
However, the black version is better readable, especially in bright (ambient) light (it fells like it had better contrast, I've seen a video on youtube which demonstrates it).
The white frame around the screen is really disturbing.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2013, 04:54 AM   #3
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Black.
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Black
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
Danel

Thanks to everyone . And black it will be
Advert
Old 02-02-2013, 02:41 PM   #6
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
The best would be, the gray one. If the choice is white x black, ... probably black.

I have white one. It is OK. Having dark frame makes white background optically whiter, which is good. White frame "extends" the screen size making white margins around finely cut page... Which is good.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #7
Danel

When in doubt, choose always between the opposites

My opinion is the same as your: the gray one would be the best choice. But, if I am not wrong there isn't a gray version, did it? Maybe we should forward this idea
Old 02-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #8
gris
Connoisseur
gris began at the beginning.

Device: m92, sonyt2,
black one the display seems whiter, what i like. I don't like the whole black sorrounding. vice versa. i like the white sorround but don't the little greyish appearance.
gris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #9
Danel

Thanks to everyone. I got my M92 yesterday (I placed the order on Sunday) and I really like it. Even if the fingerprint are visible, it is very easy to clean (not as other black device I saw).

Even if is OFF topic, I would ask you a little question (I don't think there is the need of onother topic for such a little question).
Do your power adapters make noise when the m92 is in charging? And how loud? I'm asking you because I don't know if I should contact the customer service to substitute it..
Old 02-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #10
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danel View Post
I'm asking you because I don't know if I should contact the customer service to substitute it..
I haven't tried but you can buy a good (universal) one for a few bucks.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #11
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danel View Post
Do your power adapters make noise when the m92 is in charging? And how loud? I'm asking you because I don't know if I should contact the customer service to substitute it..
No, it does not make noise. Generaly, power adapters should not make noise. If they do, there might sooner or later a problem. And wrongly working power adapter might even kill the device...

I would ask for the replacement. It should not be a problem to use an universal one, but Booxstor warned that some of the cheaper ones are ill designed and might kill the M92....

I use 2 non original ones and no problem...
Old 02-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #12
Danel

Thanks. I don't know if something changes, however I noticed that the power adapter makes more noise after a while (I think after m92 is fully charged), otherwise I have to put my ear close to it to ear something.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #13
Mono
Mono

It may be when it reaches certain temperature. If so, it is not OK. It should not be temperature dependent.

Also it should not be load dependent, that means should not change its behaviour when charging starts or ends.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:01 AM   #14
Danel

Thank you Mono. I'm going to contact the customer care and let you know. After it starts to make noise I noticed that is load dependent because it is higher when the m92 is in idle and lower when not (for example during the opening of a pdf).
Old 02-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #15
Danel

Update: I contacted Ereader-store and they immediately sent me a new power adapter... it is just arrived, but even this one buzzes and is very annoying